Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-22-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
I have a backroll and a consistent tantrum.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-22-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Not that hard, unless you plant your face into your knee.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-22-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
^^^ yeah buddy, seen that
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-22-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
DUDE! Don't scare me like that...I'm ready to tackle the HS front this year.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-22-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
Hahahaha sorry, but its true.
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-22-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Put on some underarmor underwear. They are like bike shorts and keep you all nice and tight. When I first started them I would land on my butt and get the sac tap. Extremely painful
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-22-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
Better the sac than loosing some teeth!
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-22-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Ex-Brother in law knocked his 4 front teeth out 3 days before his wedding. She should have taken that a sign of things to come.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-22-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
For me it wasnt my teeth it was my Cheek bone.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
personally I'd rather keep the sac and lose the teeth. You can get fake teeth, but...

..well... you understand..
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
So basically I should throw my head towards the nose of my board and continue to stare directly at the nose until I land and hopefully not smash my face into my knee?

Every time I have tried this trick I turn backside as soon as I am upside down. I also seem to get booted no matter how mellow my approach.

Pointers?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
I'm tempted to try this trick as well. You guys are scaring me with the knee to the face stories!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
Sweet profile pic Rod!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-22-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
I know it's a fairly hard progressive cut, and pull your front knee up right at take off and keep most of the weight on your back foot, handle in tight. Think about taking it out more than up. Line should be tight pretty much the whole time. Can't do 'em but watched a friend learm 'em. Helmet and mouthpiece might save you some...
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-22-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
If you can land a tantrum big and consistent, you can land a front. Just charge it and commit all the way up the wake, don't back off. Keep the handle in close to your hips, don't let your hands out otherwise it will slow your rotation.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2009, 9:23 PM Reply   
when i tried 'em, they didn't seem that hard...more scary than anything since you don't see the water until the last split second.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-23-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
To me, the key is keeping the handle close to your front hip, putting a lot of weight on your back leg until right at the top of the wake, and then pushing off your back leg as you leave the wake and throwing your head forward towards your front shoulder, NOT, I repeat NOT, over your shoulder. You want to tuck your ear inside your front shoulder, or you will frantrum.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-23-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Fronts are pretty simple. The key is commitment. If you halfass it you will blow your knee or knee yourself in the face. Take it bigger than you think you need to. This will make sure you dont do any of the above. Make sure you close your shoulders until you spot your landing to keep it from going frantrum. Liek eh said keep the handle right next to and slightly behind your front hip. This will ensure you go front not frantrum.

(Message edited by eyekahn on June 23, 2009)
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-23-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
The biggest problem I have is going straight head over foot. I do a frantrum.. Or rail too hard and do am s_bend. I have corrected this by a consistant cut and making sure I go up first and then over my front foot and try and keep the rope tight and low. Good luck the wrecks are gnar kinda like a raley..haha