Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-09-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone, I will be working in the Taiwan office of our compay for the first time, will be there for a little over 3 weeks.

So do any of you guys who work or have worked overseas, specifically asian office/co-workers have any input for me. I have learned some from my colleagues... but looking for other input as well!!

Last edited by brycejb328; 08-09-2011 at 8:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-10-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
I have been traveling for work about 80-90% mostly in Asia for the last 11 years. (Semi-conductor) industry. Where in Taiwan are you going to be? I have spent A LOT of time there?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-10-2011, 4:48 PM Reply   
Check for an adams apple!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-10-2011, 8:55 PM Reply   
Rob, our office is located in Tainan. I will be making my first visits to some of our manufacturing sites. it will be interesting.... hope my american personality doesn't offend anyone!! Ha ha
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-10-2011, 10:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
Rob, our office is located in Tainan. I will be making my first visits to some of our manufacturing sites. it will be interesting.... hope my american personality doesn't offend anyone!! Ha ha
Tainan is not too bad.. TSMC has a huge facility there so I am there quite often. Best suggestion is to grab train and head to Taipai on the weekends lol.. MUCH MUCH better.. I can tell you the places to hit up there. I just found out I am probably going to be spending all of October in Hsinchu which sucks a lot more than Tainan.

Most of the people in Tainan are either very friendly with Americans because of my industry going there or they are scared to deal with people who speak engligh lol..