Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (awakenusa)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-23-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
Anyone know how to fix the Tige RZ2 swim platform so that you can surf with it. I've heard that's why the curl stinks on the RZ2. Apparently because the platform cuts right into the sweet part of the wake.

Let me know if you've heard of any solutions.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
Hi Johnny,
You need a lot of extra weight to get the wake right, I have a RZ with stock ballast for my Demo right now.Email Ryan under the wakeboarding section that posted 09 Tiges.I think he surfed an RZ last summer and listed his fat sack weights.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-23-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
The new platform is 7.5" narrower on each side to make up for it. We've been doing fine with ours since early last year, we just run a lot of weight in the corner that you are surfing on to get the height but you won't get a long pocket. From my experience putting weight in the nose doesn't do a lot for it.
Here's some old pictures, I will have to get some new pics next time we go out because it's a LOT better now: http://surfingcolorado.com