Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-03-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
It is cold in the majority of the country so was hoping that a few of you are bored and will respond. My 16 year old son ran into the back of lady that had just ran into the back of another lady - everyone is fine but his front bumper is bent beyond repair. He is going to pay for it but it looks like he is going to have to spend over $1K for an OEM replacement. Just checked the local U-Pull-It junk yard and they do not have anything for this "newer" body style and said it will be hard to find something. This truck is a 2004, 1500, Crew, 2WD with 85K miles and paid less than $10K. Makes no sense to pay 10% of the total price for a bumper. Since it is 2wd, the off-road heavy duty bumpers will look stupid. If you are going to pay that kind of $$, why not get somthing that will dress it up a bit?

Thoughts/advice?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       01-03-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Ebay. You could probably get the bumper, the plastic cap, and new brackets for less than $300 shipped.

-Steve
Old    bocephus            01-03-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
Are you kidding??? You guys down south have some the greatest wrecking yards in the country! Get the phonebook out and look in the yellow pages and going in person!! There should be an area where there are a bunch of them in one area. The wrecking yards have plenty of stuff that is that age or newer!!!

You can check LKQ, although I'm not sure they are in your area.

The bumber should cost you about $100. I swear, if you look you will be able to find one. It's fun to root through the wrecking yards too, the people are a hoot! Nothing like seeing a dude eat french fries with half a hand, covered in grease, picking his nose, and petting an old cat all at the same time!!

Good Luck!!

Oh, ya...check Craigslist.com too!!
http://www.lkqcorp.com/home/home.asp
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-03-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
Steve...ebay has several for 02 and below and a couple of 06 and above.

Bocephus - 1 LKQ trip in person and 1 call to another location. All they have is 02 and below.

Googled the crap out of this.

It does not have to be the same look - can be a different design by an aftermarket company (maybe with an integrated bully bar).

BTW...son got an estimate from a body shop and they want $1800 for everything. They also told him the radiator may be damaged as the support looked bent but the estimator must be new as Dodge has an angle in their radiator support bracket. Not scratches on or near radiator, no bends, no leaks, no overheating - IDIOTS/RIP OFF ARTISTS.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-03-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
car-part.com
Old    bocephus            01-03-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Go get in your car and talk to the guys missing a couple of fingers. They have that bumper, many are to busy or lazy to go outside of their trailer and look for themselves!!

Don't you think that anyone else ever wrecked a truck of that same model?? You can even go and ask the guys at the bodyshop where they get their used parts from. The part is out there! If you were here in AZ I could find you the part in about 10 minutes, mostly with five or six guys bidding on your business.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-03-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Like todd says, car-part.com. I'd a huge database of a mess load of wreckers. LKQ has a lot of their inventory on it also.

I'd be shocked if you can't find a used part on there. I use it daily at work, and often for myself on my current project.
Old     (jstrong89)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-03-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
I have a Ram 250 and just ordered a bumper from JCWhitney. I'm not usually a fan, but it is a great bumper for around $200 and came 3 days later.
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-04-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help. Checked out car parts and found an assembly in Alabama. FYI, just heard about these guys and they are in my backyard and appear to be pretty cheap:

http://www.felderbumper.com/index1.html

If anyone knows of a decent looking after market "sport" bumper then let me know, otherwise I will go with the OEM look.

Thanks again....
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-04-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Bob, here you go. www.autopartswarehouse.com

Here's the link to your bumper I believe for just under $350. I buy parts here all the time.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=10104+1607+4294967021+9278
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-04-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
Steve, Bo, Todd, Jeff, Jboarder and Randy:

Thanks for all your help - now back to boats!