Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Yesterday I had, 800 in the rear and about 700 in the front. Plus 6 Adults the wake was kicking. But there seemed to be a lip at the top. I wonder if you add more to the front will it mellow out. I would like to know what some of you guys are doing.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-09-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Is that on top of the stock ballast? The more wieght you get up front the more it will mellow out.

That weight setup doesn't seem like it would cause that much of a lip though. Sounds like you already have quite a bit up front. I've got 1100-1200 in the rear of mine and only about 4-500 up front. Although I do also have a big sac in the locker as well that probably counter-acts some of that rear weight.
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-09-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
what side were you on, alot of people run 1-200 right behind the driver to counteract the passengers on the other side, it can change the way the wake is also.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Squid, next time your running with 6 adults like that you can do some great testing by moving folks around. Tuff in the winter, but I bet you would have knocked that lip down with one or two moved to the bow.
I find the SAN wake so sensitive to people that the wake shape changes a lot when you add 6 people to a perfectly balanced loaded up boat, it can mess up the wake. This does not seem to be as much an issue on the VLX or the X2.

In my SAN I am running:
In addition to factory large tanks,

240 lbs under the rear seats around the batteries
240 right side rear
240 Left side rear
480 bow forward
280 walkway
120 loose in cabin to balance
Usually run with just 2 or 3 in the boat plus the rider.

If i was to run with 6 people in the boat I would need to off set that with more bow weight or empty the rear tanks a little to pull the lip you mentioned down. Takes at least 23.5mph to get anything clean with that weight on my boat.

www.pop-products.com
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-09-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
What was your speed and rope length including the handle?
My setup is 1200lbs total in rear lockers, 600lbs in ski locker and 200lbs lead all the way up in the nose. This is on a 97 supersport. Same hull though. I ride at 24-25mph at 80 feet plus the handle so total of 85 feet. The wake is perfect IMO this way.