Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (ahuser22)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-07-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
Hey Guys, I have been riding on 03 LF Ultras and I love 'em. I see LF has come out with a bunch of new bindings the past three years, any suggestions on new ones I should purchase?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-07-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Transits are real comfortable...Murrays look good, too. Haven't tried the Murrays, yet....
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
If you look closely the new Alpha's have some changes that are in line with LF's higher end bindings. They appear to have the same padded footbed and base mount as LF's better bindings. Not too sure of the weight because Alpha's have historically been lighter than the higher priced LF bindings. The Alphas are also cheaper in price again this year. May still be the way to go...
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
Transits... Maybe the Sphynx will feel more like the Ultras, I tried them once and I think the Transits are a bit stiffer. As JHG said, the new ultras have some of the features of the high end boots w/o the price tag...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-07-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
again most people are gonna post what they wear and say they are the best..

best thing for you to do is demo them

believe it or not i like the new Shanes but thats what i purchsed..however of all them i tried the new Zeus was my other choice ,i would have bought them but i wanted to give the closed toes a chance for winter riding and a new concept..

so i reccomend the new CWB Zeus or LF Shanes ,wow what a surprise ;) :-)

Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-07-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
Not trying to plug the most expensive, but the new Watsons are insane. You don't need to touch the binding to get your foot in, they are slightly lower-cut than the Transits but are as stiff if not slightly stiffer (2005 Transits, not 06s), and are easily the softest and most padded boots I have ever tried on.

That having been said, I've spent the past 2.2 seasons on Transits and really like em. One complaint for me is that they aren't quite as stiff as I would like them (but I came from a Pair of Belmonts... so). Super-comfy (you can ride forever in these things), no pressure points, easy to get into, great support with the high backs, and STYLE POINTS FOR ALL BLACK.
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-07-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I agree with Anodyne, the new watsons are by far the most comfortable boot I've ever put on. They are more expensive, but if you plan on having them for awhile I think they are well worth the money.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-07-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
Ive had the transits for the past three years (04 and 05), I thought these where the most comfortable bindings. For 06, the transits have downgraded I think. I just got the new watsons and they are more comfortable than the transits and easier to get into and out of, plus they look killer.