Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-08-2009, 10:30 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever made a rail or jump that can be transported?

Our lake is only about three blocks away. I was thinking it would be cool to build a small rail or jump that would fit in the boat and we could take it with us to the lake.

Not sure how it would work once in the water, would it need anchors or could it float? Maybe multiple pieces that went together with a few screws and a cordless screw gun.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-09-2009, 5:18 AM Reply   
kickers and rails are bigger than they seem when you have them out the water. so you will probably want a seperate trailer. I reacon a kicker would be the most feesable as to get any decent use out of a rail it needs to be looooong. and you could just bring buckets full of concrete to drop in and pull back out for anchors as long as its not to windy you should be fine.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-09-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
http://www.bestwakeboard.com/wakeboard-sliders.html
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-09-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah thats a pretty good plan.
Not amazing to ride but a good solution.
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-09-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Andy, that would be ideal.

I can't get the link to work. What do they run?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-09-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
^^ a few thousand. they are pricey. look for people sellin them used.

they are definately different than hitting a real slider. If you weigh mroe than abtou 150 you sink a littel on it when you hit it.
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-09-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
This will be mainly for my kids so weight shouldn't be a problem - until other people see how much fun they are having and decide to try it!

That is way more than I am willing to spend. I have a bunch of treated lumber I was just hoping to be able to throw something together and transport it in the boat.

They are big into skateboarding too. They have these little black plastic ramps they use for skateboarding and even snowboarding now. They have a good time even with something like that.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
I saw one in the local craigslist for $350. They had brought it to Powell on a trip from MN lol.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-10-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
This is a bit old school and not a great rail, but something get a few kicks on. Get a looonng sit on top kayak or canoe. Throw it in the water, flip it over and anchor it and you are done. The whole set up would be light and easy to launch and will give you a taste of rail riding. I built a wood rail to sit on top of floats and the hassle factor of setting it up outweighed the fun factor pretty quickly, and the lake is in my back yard.

I would follow the KISS principle if you are having to set up and take down with each use. Lugging around 100s lbs of wood will get old quick.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-10-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Me and My dad built this really stellar slider last year and it loads on this custom trailer we built it loads and unloads very easily heres the link.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/695087.html?1243359437

If you have any more questions ask me, we rode ours it was really fun!!!