Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
I've finally secured the manufacture and we are building the prototype in the next month. will sleep 6, a/c, generator, kitchen, shower, toilet. When the boat is off the trailer you will have a patio that can convert to a room with additional canvas. Looks like a basic model will be less than $17K.

Old    davec            05-23-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
Total length?
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-23-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
That looks awesome
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
First thought is interesting. An inboard needs a pretty deep channel for the skegs, shaft, prop and rudder. If you could remove the bunks and drop in floor boards to create a flat bed it would allow you to build a screen/canvas room pretty easily.

I will keep an eye out for this. What part of the country might I spot this?
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Length will be 32-40 feet. I've got a fifth wheel version also.
Old    skeeter            05-23-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
Pretty cool, will they be made custom for different boats??
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
any boat under 22 feet.
Old    cws_kahuna            05-23-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
I like it, great idea.

Any idea of what the total weight might be? To go along with what Rod was saying, it would also be cool if you could take the boat off, leave a hard floor down and tow a sand rail or dirt bikes etc...

Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2003, 1:17 PM Reply   
The plan is to have the rear wall completely fold down to expse a sliding glass door. The fold down ramp would then become the floor for the patio and with additional canvas you could enclose it. Don;t see why you wouldn;t be able to put some quads or bikes in place of the boat when you wanted to.
Old    dwe            05-23-2003, 3:39 PM Reply   
Very interesting concept. We have moved away from camping with the boat because of all the setup involved with tents and dealing with the heat during the summer nights. This setup would address those issues. It would be a lot to haul though if you were not camping, meaning two trailers and moving the boat from one to the other would be a hassle. But if you camp primarily it appears to be a great setup.
Old    millertyme            05-23-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
Im thinking thats not going to fit in the garage? Why not just buy a small motorhome to pull your boat? That's what I do(except mines 38ft.) The boat still can be stored in the garage. It may work for some people though, nice idea. Good luck.
Old    steveaz            05-23-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
Neelley, I like it! To bad there isn't way to make that a 2 piece trailer, remove the hitch assembly from the boat trailer portion and secure it to the other half and viola. Even if it took a half hour to remove, replace, and tighten bolts it would be worth it. Then I could have the best of both worlds. Course there would be the issue of no axles under the camper but you're a creative guy, I'll bet you could think of something
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-23-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
Chris- Bravo for a fun idea and the guts to go make it happen! I guess if you want to camp in the winter you just have a way to remove the boat and if you want to go to the lake and not camp, you have a second trailer? Talk about thinking outside the box. Your idea is kinda growing on me.

I love to camp and boat so I got a Lance truck camper. It is a little tight on space, but it works for us. Have you ever looked at these? When I get to where I want to camp, I drop off the camper and then I have a truck that I can use to put the boat in, and run around town without having to break camp and pack everything up. Plus if I want to camp and not boat, or boat and not camp I can.

(Message edited by bruce on May 23, 2003)
Old    krug            05-28-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
I have always thought about making a covered boat trailer. I dont think i will ever do anything with this idea, as i am lazy. Someone steal this idea from me and then sell me one. hook me up though geez!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-29-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
Neat concept. Will you flood the camper if you have to launch on a shallow ramp? Why not enclose the whole thing so the boat can be fully protected from weather and road debris and the space would be "setup" upon the boats removal. Maybe some fold down bunks on the walls and a projection tv from the ceiling. Maybe a disco ball and black lights.

Sounds like my order will not be for the $17,000 version. Scratch all that junk and give me a place to haul some firewood.
Old    leggester            05-29-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
I like it Chris. What to you figure the total weight, less boat?

As a thought, I'd also think about a popout on the boat side like you have in the front. That way, even if the boat is on the trailer, you'd have a sleep compartment.

Been camping many times when we couldn't get the boat on the water the night we got there.
Old    oldschool            05-29-2003, 11:26 AM Reply   
Looks awesome, but won't it high center on the boat ramp?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-29-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
LOOKS AWESOME.
Old    natedogg            05-29-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
5th wheel model??? that is a lot of weight for a bumper pull. sweet looking