Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    corkyswx2            08-12-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hey- i thought it was time to start a new thread since the old one has almost 350 posts to load everytime it opens.

I want to thank all the riders that came out to participate in the M2R tour at our shop on such late notice. We're gonna do it again next year but with maybe 2 or 3 days vs. the 1 day we had this year. It rocked and the instructors were great. Also, we're working on bringing Dean Lavelle back for a few days again this year to do some clinics. The dates will be the last of Aug or beg. of Sept.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-12-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
sounds sweet

represent KC
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-12-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
Garnett TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
Old    corkyswx2            08-13-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Yeah good luck to everybody at Garnett... I'll be thinking about you while I'm nice and dry in the AC WORKING at the shop... i'd trade you all places!
Old     (michael_riffle)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-14-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
Thanks to all that braved the weather and where in such good spirits for the day. Good riding and still had 50 riders brave the rain. Thanks

Mike Riffle
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-14-2005, 11:18 PM Reply   
how's the cable park in KC? I want to take a trip over but can't decide if I'd enjoy it or not. How is it compared to regular boat riding? Thanks
Old    corkyswx2            08-15-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Cable riding and boat riding are very different. It's hard to say how it compares because they are almost different sports. I think I excell at the cable rather than the boat, because I've been out there a few times this year and not so much behind the boat. The KC Cable is a nice setup althoug the obstacles are not quite as large as what you might find at OWC or TSR. Still a great experience. you can look at the cable online at KCWaterSports.com
Old    hoochie85            08-15-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Last time I checked O-Dub or TSR didn't have a 90 foot flat bar, or a 7 ft tall double kinked A-frame.
Old    corkyswx2            08-15-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
i think Odub has some much larger apparatuses.. however I surely agree witht he 90 flat.. that guy is tough.
orlandowatersports.com
I dunno.. check 'em out
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2005, 12:05 AM Reply   
so would you suggest that I throw together an old board or ride my new board there? Are the sliders smooth or are they going to jack up my board? Thanks again.
Old    corkyswx2            08-16-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
They've done a good job on making everything really smooth. I'm not sure what the material is, but it's like a flat pvc... but i always ride an old board. All screws and such are counter-sunk, but if you hit any board on and edge were the glass meets, it's likely to chip or peel.. so you might want to use an older board.