Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    chris_hargis            05-06-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
I got an e-mail from Aaron at Perfect Pass yesterday in response to my question about if you are able to put a PP on an outboard EFI engine. He said they don't sell the kits to do it, but it has been done, so I am looking for anyone who may have done it or seen it done. I would love some info on this. If you can help, please let me know.
Old    never2old            05-06-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
Chris,
Installed the system this past winter on a 1998 200 hp EFI merc. System works great, lovin' the steady pull. I had to build an adaptor but it really was pretty easy. I can send you a file on it if you'd like. I did have to order direct from Randy at Perfect Pass to get the outboard control module, but other than that the hook up is easy.
Old    chris_hargis            05-06-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
That sounds great. Please do send me the file so I can look it over. I have a 2001, but it should be about the same. How hard was the adapter you had to build?
Old    chris_hargis            05-06-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
One other thing, how much did it end up costing you with the module?
Old    never2old            05-06-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
Sent you the file on the adaptor. Really the adapter is nothing more than some key stock material drilled to fit the throttle linkage and drilled and threaded for the perfect pass cable. No additional costs for the control module. Anyone else out there had any luck adapting the system to an outboard?
Old    chris_hargis            05-06-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. I am looking into it and wanted to make sure it was possible, and then find out how easy it was after that. you have been a big help SRF.
Old    skeeter            05-15-2003, 1:00 PM Reply   
SRF, can you send me that file. I want to do the same on my OB...
Old    chris_hargis            05-21-2003, 9:39 AM Reply   
SRF, sent you a privat emessage, but I need to know what length servo motor throttle cable you got with your system. I am ordering mine now and need to pass that along.

Thanks.
Old    never2old            05-22-2003, 4:39 AM Reply   
Skeeter,
I sent you the file on the adaptor, did you recieve it, any questions?
Old    skeeter            05-22-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
Thanks SRF. Your Mercury looks alot like my Yamaha, on the inside. The part about your wife liking it will sell my wife on it!! It will probably be my winter project! Thanks!!