Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       10-10-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
Anyone have any "issues" (punctured vinyl, dog jumping out of boat, etc...) with a big dog (95lb lab) in the boat while boarding? My Conan is a duck hunting pro but I am not sure how he will react to seeing people faceplanting behind the 210. I don't really trim his nails... I just let our walks wear wear them down naturally. I hate leaving him at home because I know he'd have a good time riding around with us.

(Message edited by skull on October 10, 2008)
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-10-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
I have a 70 lb lab and she loves the boat. Keep the nails trimmed and there's no problem. She's never punched through it. When someone goes down-and we swing the boat around, she always gets up to see what's going on- likes to get back on the swim step and check out the action! She's jumped in after a rider a time or two as well- it's kind of funny. Bottom line, she's part of the family and thew boat's for the whole family so she's alway welcome!
Old     (pegzy07)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-10-2008, 6:24 AM Reply   
Couldnt agree with Will more. Likes to know what is going on in the water. The hair shedding has been a little bit of a pain, but our dog has been a blast on the boat.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-10-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
My dog Taz is about 120lbs. Don't have a problem with the vinyl or anything (I don't think we have ever trimmed his nails), but when he decides he wants to move around, the wake washes out. Like having a moving fat sack on board.

Upload
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-10-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Can't imagine going out w/o her now. The only negative I can think of is a little more work to clean up the hair. Pretty easy to train them to pee and such on the platform as well.

When she was a pup.
Upload
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       10-10-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
Cool, I'll bring him then!! My budddy is the co-owner of our 210 and was expressing concern over punctured vinyl, etc... Taz's nails look about as long as Conan's so I shouldn't have a problem.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-10-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
Everyone is always worried about the nails through the vinyl for some reason. Dogs walk on their pads, not their nails. I rarely go ride with others now as I'd prefer to take my own boat to bring the dog. I feel guilty if she doesn't get to go haha.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-10-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Thats the one thing I regret about selling my boat - cant bring my huskies with me on other peoples boats. I think dogs have more fun on boats than people and you HAVE to take them if you can!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-10-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
Rob ~~ Also they make booties that work great for the dogs. Most get used to them pretty quick since being in a boat is like the back of a truck but with no cab to block the wind. My dog's LOVE the boat!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
We bring our Lab and our australian shepard on the boat everytime, they go with us everywhere, the license plate on my car is even "dogs" haha. Weve never had any problems with the vinyl and dogs, they go on our donzis too.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-10-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Upload

Only 35 pounds. Not a hint of problems. Kind of a scaredy-cat but likes to jump off the boat. We were coming in to beach the boat one time and about 30 yards off he decided he'd rather swim to beach full of people rather then wait on us to beach. He jumped right off to all of our amazement, and concern.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-10-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Stanfield, what kinda dog is that? Looks like an American Bulldog?
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-10-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
My parent's dog hasn't had any problems with the vinyl. They've also trained him now to retrieve the rope :-)

Upload
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-10-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Awesome pic Corey!
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-10-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
"Stanfield, what kinda dog is that? Looks like an American Bulldog?"

We have no idea, she's a mutt. We rescued her as a puppy from the local Boxer rescue. Her mom was a full blooded boxer, but no idea what the father was. We get American Bulldog and Pitt a lot. She's ended up being a really cool dog and loves the boat/water/wakeboarding.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-10-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Heres my american bulldog, look sorta similiarUpload
He doesnt generally makeit to the boat becasue of all the hair. Next yr for sure after this thread
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-10-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
We always take our dogs. They ride the same as in my Superduty on the leather seats which have never gotten scratched or torn. Admittidly they have short nails because they get worked alot. After 15 minutes swimming they lay down and chill out. Sometimes other boats do'nt even know they are on the boat. A well trained hunting dog will be great on teh boat. Maybe swim him some before you load him up the firt time. My dogs know to shake off on the platform before comming into the boat.

Another thing that works really well is to get rubber backed bath mats for Target,Wal Mart etc... to protect the vynal. It also doubles on the floor for where they belong. "get on your bed & stay" means exactally that weather in the boat, truck, hotel or my house for my dogs.

This is what she looks like after a day boating:

Upload
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-10-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
My dog loves the boat, but can be kinda high maintanence. She goes with us when we spend the whole day on the boat, but for the quick evening sets she stays at home.

No problems with the vinyl, but lot's of hair (she's a golden retreiver). She also likes to jump in after the riders when the boat comes back around for them. Otherwise she's just happy chillen until the boat stops. Then it's time for a dip.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-10-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Oh... about the hair. I found that keeping a lint roller in the boat storage is the most effective method for cleaning up. It's even quicker than a vaccuum
Old     (thespleen)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-10-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
When people are riding I tie my dog to the ski pylon - keeps him from jumping in after me and helps maintain control. He always would go on the swim platform to urinate, and when he on it as well it was the proudest day of my life :-)
Old     (thespleen)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-10-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Dog, beer, sunscreen, river - got everything I could ever want.

Upload

Hard to see, but my wife's got my dog by the tail and he's giving her a pull back to the boat.

Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-10-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
We used to bring our boxers out with us, but our white one sheds too much. trying to keep the boat clean of dog hair is hard. Stanfield, I know when my dogs get scared they will grip things with their nails. Holes in vinyl can be fixed as good as new anyways, it's the dog hair that I can't stand.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-10-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (zirb3l)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-10-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
aawww so cute!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-10-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
Wakeviolator and BULLET
Upload
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-10-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
She looks like shes having a great time and she definately looks like she's got some AB in her.

Great looking dog Rob!!! And the boxers are awsome also, my two favorite breeds.

Heres my old AB Benny that got stolen out of my backyard. He did great in the boat and was 90lbs @ 8 months old.

Upload

And our new AB Frank who does great on the boat.
Upload

Oh and our old Boxer LeRoy. The best boat dog ever but LOTS of hair to clean up for a short hair dog.
Upload
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-10-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Many of my customers say these seat covers work great for pets.

www.primalmp.com

-Uj
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-10-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Our 10 year old Chocolate Lab has ridden in a boat his whole life. Never had any problems. Boating is so much more fun with him along.
Upload
Old     (madriding1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-10-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
Our little moomba loves the boat. Upload
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-10-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Anyone know about how much those Primal covers would run for an entire CC 210, I might get them for my brother for Christmas.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-10-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Byron great looking dogs, really sucks about getting stolen, not sure what i would do. AB's are the best. Sirus my AB just turned 6, hes 130lbs.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-10-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
HERES A FEW MORE
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       10-10-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Anyone know about how much those Primal covers would run for a 1998 MasterCraft 205????
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-10-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Here's two of the best boating dog's ever, both lay down and sleep the whole time the boat is running. When were done for the day they are the first off to go fishing together. Still have not caught a fish but they will fish for hours into the night.
Malaka & TeKai
Upload
The fishing buddies
Upload
Old     (watts)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-10-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
Tique chasing after the boat when we told him to stay on shore.
He goes a little crazy when he doesn't get to ride in the boat.

Upload
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-10-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
The hard part is getting her off of the tube.
Upload
Old     (waajusshappened)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-10-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Anyone have any "issues" (punctured vinyl, dog jumping out of boat, etc...)
I don't have any pics for proof, but i think J-rod's dog buddy has "issues"....LOL..he goes ape shizzle when J-rod's riding
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-10-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Sam and Jack,

Send me a PM or an email at info@primalmp.com

-Uj
Old     (cyrus)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-10-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Awww I love Buddy! J-rod post pics!
Old     (dscorni)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-10-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload

-scorn
Old     (outlaw_78)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-15-2008, 1:28 AM Reply   
d-boy loves it.. but does get abit over an all-dayer. boot are a must to protect boat tho

Upload
Upload
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-15-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
what kind of booties are those and where did you get them? I need some for winter and would consider them for the boat.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-15-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
just remember 2 very important things...

1. dogs use the skin between their toes to help them swim.
2. dogs sweat through their paws. thats how they cool their body. they also pant to help lower their body temperature.

if you put pads on your dogs, IT WILL AFFECT THEM, so just be conscious of it.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-15-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
No problems with our vinyl. Chloe has been boating with us since she was a pup nine years ago. She will go get on the boat at the dock and wait for us, and sometimes stays on the boat after we get off and sits there waiting for another ride.
Upload
Upload
And she surfs too!
Upload
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-15-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Belmont loves the boat. He is actually much better behaved on the boat than on shore! He just chills. No problems with the vinyl, but I do cut and file his nails, the front ones can get pretty long. Back ones seem to take care of themselves.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-15-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Upload

Cedar is a fox red lab - he was about 4 months old at the time of the picture
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-15-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
We take our retarded chocolate lab on the boat all the time and haven't had any issues other than hair. She is a nut about the water. We have a toy on board so she can fetch in the water. We throw it every time someone is getting ready to to ski or board. We also throw is on the bank so she can go potty. One good thing about them going in the boat they sleep for days afterwards.
Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-15-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Upload
Bella's first boat ride on Tahoe, she usually jumps in whenever we stop and sometimes while underway....wouldnt take her on the river, but Tahoe is pretty safe...
Old     (dezthecat)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-20-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
Hercules loves the water, swimming, boat or jetski!
The weekend after this photo, Hercules was run over by a pontoon boat --- While swimming,in his lifejacket in front of our pier! 3 surgeries & a whole lot of prayers later, HE'S BACK OUT THERE!!!
Upload
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-20-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
o damn man. im hella sorry. thats to bad. im glad hes okay though!
Old     (dezthecat)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-20-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Thanks! He's one of our 5 Yorkies. We are soooo glad to still have him!