Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
Jim B.

If you're free in the am, come up and join us. We can always drop you off at the dock whenever you want.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
I know my kids have always wanted to play on that sandbar when we see it. Should be a good time.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Dave, I guess we will have to play the sandbar BBQ by ear, I don’t think it would be usable much after 4:30 or so!

Honestly my thought was to load the boats back on the trailers stow the gear then kick back on B-Town Beach, BBQ and reflect on the day.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Sounds good, Brian. See you there!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
WoW, It's going to be WAKE FEST PART 2. Dave was kind enough to offer a spot on his boat so I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old     (eaglerider93)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-14-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
I am stoked for tomorrow. It is going to be a great day of riding and chillin'

See you all tomorrow
Old    don_s            07-15-2006, 4:07 AM Reply   
Thanks to everyone, especially Kim, Dave, Kyle, George, Denise, Alex, Katrina, Brian and Annette, for your help with my wakeboarding story: http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/outdoors/15043483.htmc1

We had trouble getting photos online; they may be posted next week.

Happy riding!
Don
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2006, 2:55 AM Reply   
Let me be the first to say that I had a great time and we have to do it again soon. It was nice to finally get to hang out with some of you. I walked away with a nice sunburn and a bunch of pictures, heres a couple. The first one is Charles going HUGE on a off axis 540.

Upload
Upload
Upload
And last but not least, Alex in full flex.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-16-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
WAKE FEST JR.,
First a very big thank you to Dave and Kyle for having me and cousin Ken(or as Alex called him,chum bucket) on their boat yesterday. Yesterday was what I thought June 3rd was going to be like if the weather would have been nicer.It was so nice to get together as a group and hang with old friends. It was also great to meet new ones as well. Shout out to Woody, Doug, and the Mullica River crew. Eric I'll see you on the Mullica. The riding conditions before and after the mini rain shower were awesome. The New Jersey wakeboarding community owned the Deleware river yesterday.

My only regrets yesterday were that yesterday cousin Kenny broke my bindings and that we ran out of time and I didn't get a chance to ride with Brian. So all in all it was an AWESOME day.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-16-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Damn! You guys finally hit up the fresh water and I miss out on it. That looked like a good time out there from those pics. I've been busy this whole week and haven't even gotten on to check out whats goin on.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-16-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
For a spur of a moment get togther it was great. We had a blast the whole day. The rain came at a good time when we were all chillin' out. Went away and the conditions even got better. The kids had a sand beach to play on. Great day for sure. Brian(woody) thanks for the pull on that Monster wake.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-16-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Anytime George, here's one of you getting some nice air.
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
So, anything cool happen this weekend?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-17-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
What a Great Day!!!!!!!! Special shout out to Smokey Joe…

Upload

Anthony's first pull.
Upload
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Man I am jealous of being able to ride all day. Our lake just gets too plain nuts, yesterday we were on the water by 6:30 (am) and by the time I took a second run at 9 it was too chopped up to do much of anything. I think I am gonna have to bring the boat home with me in the next couple weeks and spend a day on the river with some of you guys.

2 quick questions, how late in the season does the water stay warm enough to ride (say above 60 degrees), and is there much of an issue with wake surfing on the river? We love to surf and are always worried about the 5.0. Fortunately this past weekend we had lake patrol go right by us while we were surfing and never gave it a look.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hey Gavin Here is my input I know the water temps should be above 60 until the end of October. It all depends on the weather.

Some days we luck out and the wind was almost non existant so we could go all day. Saturdays are better then Sunday's.

As for Wake surfing we have a board and occasionaly do it and have not had problems. If we see anybody we will stop for a bit. I am not sure what they know and do not want to test it. NJ seems worse on rules then Pa. I have been stopped a few times from NJ but the Pa guys just wave. I think Pa is more concerned about fishing licenses.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input George. I know PA law states you need to have a rope of at least 20 feet, but no where does it state where that rope needs to be attached to (tower moves it in a good 10= feet). With the Delaware technically being a boarder line of states, does anyone know which state's rules kick in?

I will take wind chop almost any day over boat chop (and morons behind the wheel of said boats!). Dave has been there and can attest to the insanity which happens on that lake. You take the bad with the good up there as it is a great lake for other things as well.

That is sweet that the river stays that warm that late, I will definately move the boat home mid October for the remainder of the season. Thanks for the tips!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Brian that shot of our raft up is awesome. That shot alone tells what a great day it was.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Gavin,nj police have authority of the river but they have never bothered us and we tow 40 feet away from shore. you can spot there boats from a mile away
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
Elias where were you guys on Saturday? I thought we would see you guys out there.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-17-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
I'm with Jim, I love that shot of us all tied up together. But my boat looks like it sinking, I guess that's what 1200lbs in the rear does. I'm ready for wakefest III.
Old     (eaglerider93)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-17-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Well, it was 100 degrees today if anybody was too hot look at the picture of Jim on Feb 12th
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-17-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
First, I have to take care of a little unfinished business from last week. While KG was in north
Jersey planting trees, here's the crew that met at 60 Sylvia for some Turtle Cove action:
Upload
From left to right: Charles, Michele, me, Justin, Cole, Lori, Doug.

Now onto current events. Yes, Saturday's minifest was epic. It was such an eventful day I only took
a handful of pictures. Here's one of the end-of-day smokey joe, cigar, chatfest:
Upload

I loved the Delaware River deep saltfree water. In fact, I didn't even put my boat back in the water on
Sunday? It's still on the trailer ready to go back! Woody's ready for Wakefest III. So am I.
Old    mastercraft17            07-17-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Gavin. i'll be going up to lake wally this friday till the following sunday......Will be riding all week...if your going to be up there send me an email and maybe we can get together.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
Chris, I won't be up this coming weekend (have to go to the PA Jeep show to keep some sponsors happy) but will be up the following weekend of the 29th & 30th. Where do you stay on the lake? My house is right across from Ironwood Point camp ground and we usually ride along the Lacawack Nature Preserve. Let me know where you are staying and I will make sure to meet up with you. Also, where do you ride local here? I am only about 10 minutes from you here in NJ
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Jim, me and geralds crew went camping on saturday but we would have liked to go. it looked like good times
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey, been out of the loop for a while. Buying a place has taken up more of my time than I thought.

It looks like I missed at least a few good group rides, nice.

Is the Tuesday night ride still going on?

I did ride once, behind an '01 X-Star with 2200lbs in it, when I was on vacation. Needless to say the wake was huge and the guy who owned it was pulling off some sick tricks. Crow mobes and 7's.
Old    jaded_goddess            07-18-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
hey guys... i know this is the NJ thread ... but damn it looks like you guys have a kick ass scene in jersey... i'm trying to find some people from long island... i would prefer to meet some chicks that board... doesnt seem to be that many in my area... thought.. some of them might be traveling to NJ ...

anyone out there???

~elle
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Okay, wakefest 2 is over now what day is wakefest 3?

With the storm that rolled through here tonight I can only imagine what the Deleware will look like tomorrow.

(Message edited by jim_B on July 18, 2006)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2006, 3:36 AM Reply   
We were out in that storm last night. We went out after work for a quick pull. Around 8 all hell broke loose. Luckly the storm was a little south of where we were. We made it back to the dock safely. We were doing 30 down our river past the "no wake zones" but at that point who cares. I just wanted off the water!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-19-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
I was in the middle of typing a response to elle last night when BANG! there was a mega clap of thunder like
right outside my window. It was scary. I was listening to talk radio and somehow the lightning turned my
radio up real loud. The color on my computer screen all turned into weird dreamlike shades. So I quickly
shut down my computer, waited a while, then tried to reboot. The computer seems fine but I can't get a modem
connection. The lightning may have fried my cable modem, my ethernet card, or both. Or maybe the lightning hit
a pole and fried the cable service to the whole area. Out of three televisions, one works but the image is
fuzzy, another works but the image is fuzzy and the colors are bad, and the third, the one with the actual
cable box, is getting no reception. But this is a wakebaording thread! What the Hell am I talking about some
dopey storm and my cable service for!? Because until I can get everything figured-out and up and running again,
I have no home access to the internet and I have no email access. So until further notice, if anyone needs
me for anything, call me, text message me or post here.

This coming weekend's plans are still uncertain, but I'd like to hit Bordentown again. But the combination
of that gravel ramp and my two-wheel-drive van makes me nervous. We'll see.

Finally, out of the blue I got a call from my 18 year old niece Stephanie yesterday. All of a sudden she
and her girlfriend Sam want to learn how to wakeboard. Pretty cool.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Alex sorry to hear about your electrical problems. As far as the gravel ramp, you could always have one of us with a truck easily hook onto your trailer, pull the boat out then drop the trailer for you to hook back on to.

Yesterday I passed my physical for Dupont so I'm in.

All my muscle aches from wake fest 2 are starting to feel better so I was wondering,is wake fest 3 this weekend?
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-19-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Out of curiosity, how old is Anthony who got his first pull? I was just wondering how soon is realistic to start a little one. My daughter is 14 months now so this and next year are out, but is three realistic? First child for me so I am a little off on developmental stages and such.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-19-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Gavin, Each kid is a little different; Anthony will be 7 in August. We have been taking our time with him (my biggest fear is that he become afraid of it). The pic I posted is from the sandbar where I was pulling him by hand along the shore. Later that day he gave it a shot behind the boat. He made it about 15 feet or so before he fell over, he kind of got upset because he forget to let go of the rope and got drug a bit. But he says he’s ready to try again this weekend.

That said,,, our plans are to head out on Sunday around 10am..
Old    jaded_goddess            07-19-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
damn storm knocked out my response huh?? LOL... i am never going to meet any local wake boarders :-(

*pouts*

LOL
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-19-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Eustace, I guess that means teaching her to ride at 3 might be a little early , ooops. This whole new parent thing still bafles me a little, but fun by all means. I am thinking of bringing the boat home and riding bordentown the Sunday the 6th of August. Hope it works out and I can see some of you there!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
hey all-

wow what a storm last night! and it came out of nowhere...

Eustace, we'd def. be interested in riding with you and Annette this Sunday if you have room in the ol' Moomba? Michele wanted to go out so bad on Sunday, and we were supposed to ride in the Invader, but there's a problem with the tow vehicle. So no go. We got some much needed house stuff done though.

The condo is turning out very nicely. We now have the dining room set, bedroom set and mattress and box spring! We're slowly but surely unpacking everything and getting rid of all the boxes that consume our spare room.

Anywho, we have a party for my buddy's 1 yr old son @ 4pm on Saturday, anyone going out earlier in the morning/afternoon?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Justin we are going out early on Saturday until about noon. If you want to meet us at our ramp in Pa. I can back with you on more specifics if your interested.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
Hi Everyone!

Well I haven't posted in a while and I wanted to say it was great to see everyone Saturday morning. Unfortunately I missed out on the second half of an amazing day (of which Justin keeps reminding me). But, had to do the whole family thing...

As far as this weekend...sounds great George! Anyone else going out?? earlier?? or Sunday?? I want to get as much in as possible!!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-19-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Just wanted to be the 1000th post!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
Damn, Michele.....1000! Now that's a benchmark!

Just wanted to say saturday was a great day, one of the best (if not thee best) ever on the river! Hope everyone had fun!

Elle, if you don't get any responses in your area, you should join-up with the NJ riders at our next gathering!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
Elle forget about N.Y. come to jersey and ride with us.

Okay, I see the little ball rolling and gathering some momentum on a weekend gathering.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-20-2006, 6:00 AM Reply   
Well, I still can't connect to the internet on my home computer. The cable company is sending some one out
today. I'm hopeful that I'll be back online by tonight.

KG says the Wild Bill event is "supposed" to be the first Saturday of August. This means another road trip
for the Super Air. And since it's still on the trailer from last Saturday, I'm thinking...why put it
back in the water now!? Thus, I'm planning to tow to Bordentown the next two Saturdays in a row; weather
permitting, of course. Is anyone else going to Bordentown the next couple of Saturday mornings? As I've
mentioned, I'm concerned about using that ramp with my two wheel drive van, but for those long straight runs
of deep nonsalty water, I'm going to roll the dice.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
ANNOUNCEMENT:
As of right now, the WildBill's Ama Wakeboard competition is Cancelled!

If this really turns out to be the case, I would say that anyone that planned on coming to Avalon for this event divert your energies to Bordentown for another Wakefest Event on the Deleware!

I'll keep you all posted if anything changes.
KG
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
that's bad news KG. I was looking forward to another great day with friends, sun, and boarding! I was even going to compete!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
Guess who just got a pair of 06 CWB TORQ WITH HINGE TECH. Thank you Mr. Fed Ex man. They are sweet looking, I cain't wait to try them this weekend.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-20-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
Jim, my sister got them this year and loves them. They are so easy to get into it is rediculous, I am kicking myself for buying the 05 Zeuses last fall, I should have waited a couple months! Good luck with them.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Gavin. Since I have really big feet these should work best for me. I can't wait to ride now.
Old    jaded_goddess            07-20-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
alright NJ guys/gals .... does anyone ride on sundays?? or thurs?? i think i might take a trip out there.. do you guys mind riding with someone that isnt that experienced?? i mean i don't totally suck ... but... i'm still new
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Elle,

there's usually someone riding EVERY weekend (weather permitting), and sometimes on Mondays/Tuesdays. I know George and fam try to get out at least 1x/mid-week. We ride either on the Delaware River off of the Bordentown Ramp, Manahawkin (Turtle Cove), or the Avalon Shoe. There's also people who ride the Mullica River, and somewhere farther north of Toms River.

There are a ton of really great people on here, all of whom are willing to give you a pull. We all range in experience, so as long as you have fun riding, that's all that matters!
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-20-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Jim, those look bindings look awesome, I have 05 CWB boss and love them.

Looks like Sunday morning for me, I'll see you guys out there. Brian I owe you a pull, If you want to cash in on Sunday that's cool.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Jim, congrats on the new hinge-techs!

Too bad about the Wild Bills event, sounds like alot of fun.

We have plans this weekend, but next saturday (29th) is a definite probability! :-) Can we be as fortunate with good water as last weekend? I would hope so!

Maybe some more out-of-towners can join in too! We seem to have plenty of boats (see pic of raft-up above)

I'm off to take my daughter to Sesame Place tomorrow, then on to Mays Landing. Have a nice weekend everybody!
Old    jaded_goddess            07-20-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Jim,
oh i love riding... i think i'm obsessed already! what time do you guys usually start on sun? if i dragged one of my girlfriends down that doesn't ride would she be bored out of her mind? or do you guys have some sort of bbq or anything else going on?? just hate to make the trip by myself... and not knowing anyone at all..LOL
Old    don_s            07-20-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
Hi Elle,

The Philadelphia Inquirer finally posted a photo slide show of these super-experienced Jersey guys, so you can see for yourself what they're capable of. (No photos of me because I never managed to get up out of the water.)

They're linked to last week's story, at http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/outdoors/15043483.htmc1

Don
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Elle, don't feel bad I suck too. You and your friend should come down one of these weekends and hang with us. Everyone in our group is real good people. You will totally have a great time with us. See our photos above from last weekend.We have a couple guys that come down from N.Y. from time to time to ride with us. Like Justin said we have guys and girls of all riding levels. Hopefully we'll see you soon.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Thanks Woody hopefully I'll see you again soon.

Thanks Dave, Have a nice weekend see you next get together.

What's everyones plans for riding this weekend.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-20-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
Our plans

Friday head to Belmar,NJ for some fun in the sand and surf.

Saturday go out boarding with Justin and Michele in the morning

Sunday fire up the dirt bikes and head to Chatsworth.

Boy I love the summer!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-21-2006, 5:18 AM Reply   
Well, I still don't have home internet access. Hopefully I'll have this problem ironed-out by next week.

Doreen, Connor and I are hoping to tow to Bordentown on Saturday, but of course, we'll be keeping
an eye on the weather. We're planning a day of progression and trying new things. Hopefully by the next
gathering I'll have a new move or two under my belt. Are you coming out with us to try-out those new
bindings Jim?

Speaking of the next gathering, with Wild Bill's cancelled, perhaps we should target August 5 as another
group ride minifest. If we can agree on this and start spreading the word early we could probably even atttract
some of the displaced Wild Bill crowd.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-21-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
Brian, Sunday sounds good I would love to get pull behind your BU and check out that sick wake!

Elle, as always our group is more then willing too welcome different people into the mix, not matter their location or ability, just try and keep plugged in. As another note there was a group of Long Island riders that checked in on this thread just before and came down for the June 3rd event (and were still riding at 8pm) . I don’t recall their names but if you read back you should be able to locate them via their profile.

Sunday’s crew looks like: Annette, Anthony, Lou, Vicky (Annette’s sister), Justin & Michele.

Alex, any chance of you making the run on Sunday if the weather on Sat does not hold out?

Be well, All

(Message edited by eustace on July 21, 2006)
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-21-2006, 5:56 AM Reply   
George, have you guys ever ventured to Paragon with the dirt bikes? If not it is worth the trip for some quality trail riding!

Dave, I was checking out the pictures of your wake, did you end up putting some sort of ballast in the MC? Wake seems bigger than it did last labor day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I am going to shoot to come down for the 5th but it is up in the air as we have a house closing the following weekend and I need to get everything cleaned out prior. I would like to though, the wake fest gave me a reminder of how nice river riding can be and I need another fix!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-21-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
Eustace: Yes, Sunday is an option if Saturday is a wash out, it would mean a lot of driving in one day, and
I wouldn't have the option to as late as I may like. And in addition to checking-out woody's wake, you
need to go for a pull behind the Super Air too.

George: Is the Chatsworth you're going to Chatsworth, NJ? If it is you'd only be about 10 or 12 miles
away from 60 Sylvia. If you want to cruise over and hang-out for a while, just give me a call. Or if we
hook-up on the river on Saturday we can talk then.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
Alex if you have a spot for me I would love to come get crushed by that wake..

What time are you planning on being at the ramp?
Call me cell tonight if plans change. I hope the weather holds out.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
man all of these thunderstorms are killing me! hopefully the weather holds out both Saturday and Sunday!!

i do not like rain!!!!!!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-21-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Jim: I'm hoping to get to the ramp around 8:30/9:00am. Providing I have your current cell phone number,
I'll call you in the morning when I'm about to leave, or if the weather keeps me home.

We could probably use another boarder to round-out the crew. Any one up for a pull behind the Super Air?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-21-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
I've broken down and started what I hope to be a really good thing...http://wakescene.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old    mastercraft17            07-21-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
gavin actually i'm staying at ironwood point campground....i have a green sea ray with a tower... you say you'll be out there next weekend if i see you i'll make sure to stop by.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-21-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Chris, you can find my dock piece of cake, if you start coming out of ironwood cove, cross the channel and run strait towards Lacawack sanctuary (with the channel going away from you to your left), my boat is about 2/3 the way down the shore line on your right. Blue Tige with tower bimini and lights. It is the second "plastic" dock you come to and the is a mooring buoy in front of the dock. You should have a good week up there. Look for us next Saturday morning riding, we are usually out by 6:30 or 7. Have fun this week, I am jealous!
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-21-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Chris, forgot to mention, as of last weekend ironwood had the cheapest gas on the lake.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-22-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
What up Jersey, All is well in MA besides the Big Dig, Hope your all enjoying your summer! it will end soon enough. Miss you guys and gals, check in with you later- jz
Old    jaded_goddess            07-22-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
hey hey ... ok i'm going to get a few more sets in on my boat before i come down to visit ... would any of you guys be able to direct me to one of the girls that ride... just be nice to chat with a chick before i come down ... told my boyfriend what a cool scene you guys have down in NJ and that we HAVE to go check it out.. so i'll be out 7 am tomorrow weather permitting or not(went out in the rain the other day.. sickest get some practice in so you guys don;t laugh at me too much ...

~elle
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2006, 2:55 AM Reply   
Elle trust me, no one here laughs at beginners. Everyone encourages each other.You want to speak with Michele. Scroll up a little and you'll find her.

As for our next big get together, August 5th would be good cause it's my birthday and there's nothing I would like more than to hang out and board with the Jersey Riders on my b-day.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
A BIG thanks to Alex and Doreen for the pulls on the Mullica today! Kyle and I had a blast!
I finally got to ride behind the super air! (widowmaker) Nice wake!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
A big Thank you to Alex and Doreen for treating me to some pulls on my Mullica River behind the SANTE. The water was flat and a ghost town but we did have light rain. But that was okay by me because I now belong to a very small group of privileged people who have seen Doreen wakeboard. She did great. She'll tell you other wise but I thought she was great.

I enjoyed a good day on the water with Alex,Doreen,Dave and Kyle. No better way to spend a Sunday then on the water with friends.

Doreen here's that little video I was telling you about.
www.wakepics.com/img/19643

Also I got to try out my new Torq with Hinge Tech and they are awesome. Worth every single penny.

(Message edited by jim_b on July 23, 2006)
Old     (eaglerider93)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-23-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
Thanks again to Alex and Doreen for inviting us to come on the Superair. I had a great time today.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-24-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
Jim, Kyle & Dave: Thanks for the thanks, and welcomes right back atcha. And my thanks go to Dave for
using his 4WD truck to pull The Widow Maker out of the low tide Mullica. The Mullica was a nice spot.
Sort of a cross between Turtle Cove and the Avalon canals on the other side of the causeway bridge.
It was a little rainy, but kept all the other boaters away and the water flat. It was such a nice day
out on the Mullica that Doreen even got out there boarded. It was great! I think she's got the fever now
folks. And Dave was out there cuttin' and slashin' and trying different fin set ups, Jim was lovin'
The Widow Maker's steep wake and got some big air wake-to-wake jumps (after we duct taped his hands to the
handle ) and Kyle felt he nailed his best wakeboarding ever! Yep, it was a good day on The Mullica.

Sadly, after replacing my modem and ethernet cable I still don't have home internet access. Tonight I'm
going to try replacing my ethernet card. If that doesn't get me back on line I don't know what to try next.

KG: The wakescene discussion board is very cool. As the New Jersey wakeboarding community grows and develops
so does New Jersey's premier wakeboarding website. Excellent excellent excellent.

I know it's only Monday but I can't help but begin to look at the weekend ahead. I'll be shooting for
another morning launch out of Bordentown for another day of that deep water boarding. Should this Saturday
be a microminifest as a warm-up to August 5's minifest II ?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
I didn't think the duct tape would help. It made it harder to ride. But Alex said it would help, so I let him tape me up.And Alex was right it did help me ride better. Here's a picture of Alex helping me.Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Also here is proof that Doreen rode and I saw her. Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Jim,

You look like you lost some weight yesterday????

Oh yea, nice hat! :-)
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Glad to hear everyone had a great day yesterday on the Mullica. Sorry I missed Doreen's sets. Maybe a repeat this weekend on the Delaware?? We had an awesome time on the river yesterday. Great conditions...and as Brian promised, it was bright and sunny by 1:00 and the water was glass. Thanks again for you and Annette's hospitality, Brian!

Alex, Justin and I are planning on going with Annette and Brian on Saturday. So we'll already be there if a get together is brewing. Would be great to see everyone and not have to run off to a family function.

Elle, welcome to the thread! Please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I know it's hard to find other girls that like to board. My email is on my profile and my cell is 609-923-7701. Look forward to hearing from you!
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
Wow, all this boarding going on, I'm jealous. Good to see Doreen gettin out there, I wanna see some of that next time I come down. Wanna let everyone know that I'm getting on a plane tomorrow and this time Wednesday night I'll be riding at trinity lake in sunny northern California. So, needless to say, I'm stoked. I'll be gone for about 2 weeks so everyone who knows me, take care, I'll miss ya and try and keep in touch, and hope to get together when I get back.
Peace
Cole