Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    ryde4life            06-08-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
Is anyone planning on going to Boardstock 2005 this year? I just heard about the World Series event and all the huge bands playing at it. I was going to fly out but now I might road trip with my boat!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
I'll be there. Closest it's been to me so far. Friday nite bands so far: Sugar Ray, Three Doors Down, Stained and Breaking Benjamin. This will be a bigger party than Shasta ever was. Clear Lake is the biggest natural lake in Cali.
Old     (ridemyzamboni)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-08-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
Ya I'm going up there. This year should be much better than the years past in Stockton. Is anyone doubtful about the water conditions? I went up to clear lake last year around August and had a tough time finding any good water.
Old     (above_the_levee)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-08-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
Have fun in the wind, I will stay away and be riding the Delta.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-08-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
Interesting.There is nothing about it in the events forum,yet,they advertise it on local radio constantly.

Wind;could be.

Algea and hydrilla;definetely.

Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-08-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
We're going up. We have 2 houses rented on the water, privtae beach, boat lifts, etc just 5 mins fom Konocti. You want to know where the party will be????
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-08-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
Mood Swing,

See www.boardstock.com for details on this year's event.
Old    whitechocolate            06-08-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
I wasnt going to say anything about the event because I thought , If you dont have anything nice to say STFU, I didnt want to shed a neg light on a event that might turn out to be ok.

I was turned off about going to the event because when they announced the date month's ago you couldnt book a room becuase the hotel didnt have the information they needed to from the promoter ect.

I hope the event turns out better then the last boardstock's have
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-09-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Also, Those bands you are reffering to COST $$$, the tickets are seperate from 20-25$ Boardstock fees...

- I have been there 2x, both choppy w. rollers
- Make sure to WAX your boat, the lake stains the hull.

For the sake of the industry I hope it turns out better than last year ( on saturday there wasnt even any wakebaording cause of boats in the area )I do give them credit for "trying" to make it better but I'm not holding my breath..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
"couldnt book a room becuase the hotel didnt have the information"

I thought it was worse that that. I was told that don't take reservations until the envent is "Released." Has it been released?
Old    ryde4life            06-09-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
I booked a room yesterday at Konocti Harbor and bought some concert tickets for myself and my girlfriend. Boardstock tickets this year are $15 from what the website says and Thursday and Friday are free.

I have never been to Clear Lake but I am assuming the Boardstock people will have the wind and boat traffic problem solved. Yeah the event costs money but...doesn't everything?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-09-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Hmmmmmmm.....

RL, mind if I asked how much you dropped on a room and tickets cause per Konicti they have packages only???

I also see several posts form you regarding boardstock & world wakesurf championship,the bands - are you affiliated with them or just stoked for the event?

FYI:
I called Konocti and inquired about reservations for Boardstock & the concerts. Konocti is stating that you MUST buy 2 tickets to the concert to reserve a room & have a minimum 2 night stay.

One package is for 3nights ( 18th, 19th, 20th ) AND you must by 2 tickets to the concert @ minimum 65.00 each & rooms start @ 149.00 each.
( 2 x $65 tix & 3 x $149room = 580.00 + tax )

Other package is for 2 nights ( 21st & 22cnd ) AND you must also buy 2 tickets for the concert @ minimum 59.00 each & rooms start @ 149.00
( 2 x $59 tix & 2 x $149 room = 420.00 + tax )

One night hotel reservation = NOT AVAILABLE ( only 250 hotel rooms total )

TICKETS ONLY = $15.00 + $2.00 handling = $17 ( ONLY ACCESS TO KONOCTI from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm )
PARKING = Blocking offed per resort
LAUNCHING BOATS = not planning to allow any launching at this time as parking will be cut off to the resort at top of hill...

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
I'm going to the the same thing as last year which is ride the Delta.

No fricken way am I spending $420.00 or 580.00 to go to boardstock. For the wife and I, that will be a $1000.00 weekend after beer, food, tickets, gas, etc...
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-09-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
I got a place on clear lake (not mine) in the same cove as Konocti, So because of that I'll be going... I might have room for a few friends...
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-09-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Heres all the details, Konoctis site:

Package 1:
Room for 1 Night, 8/18...
Requires the Purchase of 2 Tickets to Sugar Ray, 8/18

Package 2:
Requires a Room for 3 Nights, 8/18, 8/19, 8/20...
Requires the Purchase of 2 Tickets to Each Show:
* Sugar Ray, 8/18
* 3 Doors Down, Staind, Breaking Benjamin and No Address, 8/19
Includes 2 BoardStock day pass tickets for Saturday, 8/20

Package 3:
Requires a Room for 4 Nights, 8/19, 8/20, 8/21, 8/22
Requires the Purchase of 2 Tickets to Each Show:
* 3 Doors Down, Staind, Breaking Benjamin and No Address, 8/19
* Simple Plan with Relient K, 8/21
Includes 2 BoardStock day pass tickets for Saturday, 8/20
Includes 2 BoardStock day pass tickets for Sunday, 8/21

Package 4:
Requires a Room for 2 Nights, 8/21 and 8/22
Requires the Purchase of 2 Tickets to Simple Plan w/ Relient K, 8/21
Includes 2 BoardStock day pass tickets for Sunday, 8/21

BoardStock Concert Ticket Prices

AUGUST 18, 2005... SUGAR RAY... INDOORS
Floor Dinner tickets including a 3 course, Prime Rib, Chicken and Salmon Buffet... $99 plus $6.50 Service Charge Balcony and Back Perimeter... $65 plus $6.50 Service Charge

AUGUST 19, 2005... 3 DOORS DOWN, STAIND, AND BREAKING BENJAMIN... INDOORS
Premier Seating... The Best of the Best... Includes the Pre-Show Sunset BBQ, and BoardStock Awards Show... Served from 5pm-7:30pm. The Pre-Show Sunset BBQ takes place in the Oasis, located adjacent to the Konocti Field Amphitheatre, and features a tropical setting of palm trees, water falls, and tikki hut bars, serving your favorite libation, along with your Sunset BBQ Dinner.

Premier Tickets... $108 plus $6.50 Service Charge
Front Reserved without Sunset BBQ... $79 plus $6.50 Service Charge
Back Reserved... $79 plus $6.50 Service Charge
Bleacher General Admission... $59 plus $6.50 Service Charge.

AUGUST 21, 2005... SIMPLE PLAN WITH RELIENT K... OUTDOORS
Premier Seating... The Best of the Best... Includes the Pre-Show Sunset BBQ, and BoardStock Awards Show... Served from 5pm-7:30pm. The Pre-Show Sunset BBQ takes place in the Oasis, located adjacent to the Konocti Field Amphitheatre, and features a tropical setting of palm trees, water falls, and tikki hut bars, serving your favorite libation, along with your Sunset BBQ Dinner. The Awards Presentation will take place at approximately 6pm.

Note: For those just wanting to attend the Pre-Show Sunset BBQ and Awards Show... the cost is $29 per person.
Premier Tickets... $98 plus $6.50 Service Charge
Front Reserved without Sunset BBQ... $69 plus $6.50 Service Charge
Back Reserved... $59 plus $6.50 Service Charge
Bleacher General Admission... $49 plus $6.50 Service Charge

Prices are per night, plus 9% transient occupancy tax. Required concert ticket purchases are in addition to the room rate.
Upon making the reservation, and upon check-in, the correct number of overnight guests, must be listed on the reservation, and registration forms. There is an additional overnight charge of $10 per person, per night, for more than 2 adults in standard and deluxe rooms, or for more than 4 adults, in haven and suites.
All persons entering and/or staying at the Konocti Harbor Resort and Spa, must have a BoardStock day pass ticket, and wear the issued wristband, between the hours of 7am and 4pm, on Saturday, August 20 and Sunday, August 21.

Any comments, thoughts?
Old    eastcoastjedi            06-09-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
seems like these guys are trying to bend everyone right over a fence pole.
Can you say price gouging?...
Crazy for an event that was designed to a be a grassroots celebration of the sport.
Greed sucks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Where's the camping???
Old    ryde4life            06-09-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Aaron, Just excited. I have been to Boardstock the last couple years and the wakesurfing championships the last two years. I just have a great time at Boardstock and got super excited about it when I got an e-mail about the improvements this year. Maybe they should be paying me for Advertising. HA!

Well I am paying $149 a night for three night plus I got tickets to Sugar Ray and Three Doors Down. It will easily be over a $1000 weekend as J-Rod said. And that does not even cover my traveling. But I would spend well over that going to Disney World so, I might as well do it some place I will have fun at.

In all honesty the rooms are not that expensive I looked at the other hotels in the area and I might as well stay on site. Concert tickets go from $49-$100. That's not bad to see those band. I paid close to $150 a ticket to see U2. If they were bands like last year (and they sucked)...I would say rip-off for sure. But Three Doors Down and Sugar Ray are some of my favorites. You combine that with wakesurfing, watching the best wakeboarders in the world compete, boating and beer and I think that is my perfect vacation.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-09-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
RL,

Right on, happy to see some people stoked about it... For alot of us locals who have been attending it since the Shasta / Grassroot style days the new format, costs, etc have put a sour taste in our mouths..

Boarstock used to be FREE... All good things must come to an end and promoters due have to make money so have a great time and give yus a trip report... For a G in cash, a little to pricey for my blood..

Have a good time, I hope the event continues to improve and you get to see some quality riding, surfing,girls, etc...

-=peace=-
Lzy
Old    ryde4life            06-09-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
Oh I will document this trip for sure. I love pictures of gir.....I mean wakeboarders.

I have heard about the old Shasta days and how much fun it was but as you said all things change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse but it all depends on the person.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   

"watching the best wakeboarders in the world compete,"

Who's coming this year?
Old    ryde4life            06-09-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
It is not an exhibition like in years past. From what the boardstock website says, it is a WWA World Series of Wakeboarding Tournament like Wakestock is. I can only assume all of the big names will be there.

It is nice not having any work to do today. I can mess around on here all day.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
Hopefully. I don't think any big names were there last year, were there?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
Plenty of big names last year. Should be even more this year since it's a WWA event wouldn't ya think?
Old    ryde4life            06-09-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
I have to think hard about this one. Last year I know Eisenhauer and Watkins were there. I think Soven and Weatherall were there also. The boardstock site does not say anything about it and about who is coming this year. I will go through my video from last year and see about last year.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       06-09-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
Yeah,
What J-rod said:
Where is the camping?
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-09-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
South Bay Boarders have got 5 camping sites left for boardstock. Also spots left for boat slips. If you are interested in one of these spots email me at ssrh@charter.net

scott
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-12-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
grrr, this is sounding way expensive... Don't know if I'll be able to afford this. I personally don't like the direction BS has taken, costing more and more. I'm not in charge of it, and unable to put together an alternative and free party/competition so oh well. Oh yeah, and I don't care for any of those bands, which further diminishes my interest.

(Message edited by ktmwakeboarder on June 12, 2005)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-12-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
It still costs the same to only attend Boardstock. You don't have to see any of the bands or stay at Konocti. You can camp and watch from your boat if you wanted to.