Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-16-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
My handle was sinking after it was in the water for a few sets, even if we pulled it out between riders and tried draining/squeezing the water out. I was originally going to try putting great stuff in the handle, but didn't want the hard/rigid feel of that stuff. Was also afraid that eventually water would find it's way in there and get trapped in there, or make it difficult to get out. So what I did was take a foam noodle and cut pieces slightly larger than the opening of where the rope Y's and goes into the handle and pushed them up inside that area with a blunt long object. It took me about an hour to do it. I liked the idea of the foam noodle because it is super light and the handle area is still flexible and soft. Water can still get up there and easily drain out, but not as much can get in there now where it causes it to sink. Been out twice with it now and it's floating great!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Sweet. I am going to do that to my LG handle. Thanks Bob! Great idea.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-16-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Or have them warranty it and send you one that does float!
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-16-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Eubanks it doesn't matter how many times they replace it it will sink. We took silicon sealing tape and sealed the top and bottom and it has been floating great.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-16-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Eubanks-
I had mine warrantied and it still sinks.

I think its how they made it....whatever, its the best grip out there.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-16-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
bro- all that time i would have bought a new handle.....time is money
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
I wish I made $80/hr