Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-25-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
I am looking to upgrade my wakeboard. Everything I do is behind the boat and I am really trying to increase air and tricks. I have been using a Ronix Vault, but looking for more pop. I am looking at 2013 vs 2014 Ronix One TimeBomb and wondering if someone could explain the big differences between the boards. There is a significant cost difference and I'm trying to stay around $750. I am 6'1" and 185 lbs. I was going with the 142 size board and wanted to make sure this would be a good fit.. Last question is how do the boots fit? I am a size 11 but usually wear an 11.5 because I like a little extra room. I am very nervous about ordering size 11 boots. Looking at the Ronix One boots as well. I am very open to suggestions on other boards as well. Been thinking about the ATRs as well.
Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-25-2014, 2:26 PM Reply   
I was under the impression the One is unchanged in '14 except for graphics... In fact I think the shape is unchanged in '12, '13, and '14.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-26-2014, 5:08 AM Reply   
Give the code 55 bindings a try if you like a little extra support. Also, Ronix is pretty true to size, I would buy a little bigger if you like extra room.

+1 no shape change on the board. I ride a 12 Timebomb and I dig it!
Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-26-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
Code 55 is a good suggestion. I guess I just have to pull the trigger. If they made an 11.5, it would be perfect. Thanks for the help.
Old     (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-26-2014, 5:12 PM Reply   
The One is the exact same from 2013 to 2014, except for the graphics... It is a very forgiving and easy to ride board. Anybody from beginner, all the way up to Danny's level. The board is very durable as well, the time bomb core will last for a while because of all the high end materials used along with the grind base if you want to hit any rails.

The Code is a totally different riding board than the One. The one is a 3 stage, more wake to wake board. The Code is a continuos rocker line, so it's a more consistent and predictable pop. The Intelligent Core also makes a huge difference in the ride of the board, unlike anything I've ever ridden before. Definitely check them both out!
Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-28-2014, 5:53 AM Reply   
I have it narrowed down. I will get the Code 55 bindings and will get a board at the end of today. I am deciding between the Code 22 and Timebomb. I have been boarding for a few years and can do a few tricks. Clearing wake is easy, but wanting to try some back rolls and more difficult stuff this year. I'm always behind the boat. Any last suggestions?
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-28-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgvandy View Post
I have it narrowed down. I will get the Code 55 bindings and will get a board at the end of today. I am deciding between the Code 22 and Timebomb. I have been boarding for a few years and can do a few tricks. Clearing wake is easy, but wanting to try some back rolls and more difficult stuff this year. I'm always behind the boat. Any last suggestions?
Honestly between those I would go with whichever you can get cheaper. There is no trick you shouldn't be able to do with either board.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-28-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
Time Bomb.
Old     (nnorthf2)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-28-2014, 3:41 PM Reply   
Code 22 is awesome! The intelligent core technology is amazing behind the boat and really gives you some extra boost! However, I think the Code is super aggressive so if you want the new technology with a less aggressive rocker line maybe check out a William.