Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
so i need to get an oil change on the malibu so i call copes were i bought it from and they tell me they closed the livermore service department so now my ass can either drive to Santa Clara or Vacaville..hmmm wich ones closer to discovery bay. this is BS. this will be the only time i will ever say this bc i love my BU, but i should have bought for nor cal so i dont have to deal with this bs.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Why can't you do your own oil change, will save you a bunch of money plus doesn't take long at all?
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
i think its warranty crap, and i have a rattle around the engine somewere, and thats coverd by indmar
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-23-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
you can change your own oil....just keep the receipts for the oil and filter that you put in.

the "rattle" will have to be looked at a service dept.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-23-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Michael,
I believe we discussed that for our customers we are more than happy to arrange transportation from the sales office here in Livermore. We do ask that you make the apointment at the santa clara office and let them know that you will bring the boat to our office here in Livermore. please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like assistance with making your appointment.
Thanks,
Erik
925-961-1470
Old     (alex2012)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
sounds like pretty decent service to me!

I wish they did that for me up in sac.
Old     (xstar110)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
How is it bad service if they decide to close down a service department closest to you, but are willing to haul your boat for you?
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
yeah i understand that you guys will transport im just pissed bc personaly i dont really like anyone hauling my boat around and thing that really gets me is that you guys are so backed up that the next available apointment is the end of may?? i just think that for all those boats you sell you need another service department. im guess im a picky customer. nothing personal eric your a great guy. ohn yeah one more thing for you mastercraft guys i love my malibu, wouldnt trade it for the world
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
oh yeah and my first post was right when i got off the phone. my jets have cooled down now.lol
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Sounds like fine service to me so long as there isn't huge premium for the boat transportation.

Michael - from experience in similar matters I'd advise you avoid posting matters like this unless you have a serious issue; all this has done is cause friction between you and your service centre; don't expect any favours from a company who's name you just sullied.

Just my 2 cents
Old     (alex2012)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
hey kickflip, i dont know where you live but when a dealer offers to haul your boat im sure they have insurance and will take care of your ride.

like i said earlier, id take that any day
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
ahh i understand i should not have just got pissed i just was on wakeworld at the time of the call and i got irritated.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
Let me just set the record straight copes is not a bad company at all, im just ancy as you know what to ride and i was comming home from school this weekend to bring my boat in but then i find out i have to wait a month just to get it in, just rubbed me the wrong way. i appologiuse if i irratated or pissed anyone off
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-23-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
obviously, it didn't take too long for someone to see this, huh?

at least you are setting the record straight.

Al has it right....i'm 100% sure your boat will be in good hands with Erik. I've personally seen him tow a boat before.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
You guys in CA have way too much drama. Service dept closing down, don't like people towing your boats, blah, blah. Jesus. They say the east cost uptight.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-23-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
go to liquid wrenches in livermore. they mostly work on mastercrafts but they do malibus as well and do a good job. we went to them for a while before we bought a malibu from boat country in escalon. if you want really good service go there. it is a bit of a drive but not too bad and they do a great job
Old     (lagobandido)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Personally, I don't rely on the Boat Dealership for anything....warranty or not. As soon as you drop off your dream, the fleecing begins. I'd pull the tranny in my garage, before I let some shop change my oil. Copes is like all dealerships....puppets for the manufactures. If I relied on the shops to keep my boat running, I'd never be on the lake and my bank account would be the one treading water.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
ahaha true stuff guys, i should have not fired out a post on wakeworld so soon. but i deffinitly wood do my own oil change but i have this damn rattle and god knows were it is.lol
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-23-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
it's probably the floor panel that's rattling.

does it sound like it's coming from near the back corner right by the ice chest?
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
naw the sound sounds like its comming from one of the trunks in the back, but its hard to tell were its comming from bc its port trunk near the engine, its impossible to find so can find it.lol im pretty sure it has to do with the engine.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-23-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
This is what I did. I put my list together. Made a appointment and took it in. Let the list get longer. Ride with a little rattle. The best time to take a boat in is at the end of summer or in the winter. I planned ahead and made my service appt. 3 months ahead for march and left the boat for 5 weeks. who cares it was winter. It is done, I will be picking it up this weekend. You can try to figure out the rattle or let it ride until your service dept. If the warranty is a indmar thing try calling indmar and see who they will let touch your engine under warranty. Cope and ultimate have always taken care of me because when I get done with school my 20k fourwinns will be turning into a BU :-) and I will be buying it from them. It would be great if they could get a good place and a good manager in the service dept. Hey maybe I should go work over there.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2008, 3:54 AM Reply   

quote:

By Michael ImObersteg (kickflip_mj) on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 5:35 pm:

thing that really gets me is that you guys are so backed up that the next available apointment is the end of may??

not really callin' you out or anything, but isn't that typical for this time of year?
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-24-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
I would say so. I can understand that he was frustrated as boat ownership does have its moments. Calling people out on a public forum is tough though. The fact that they are offering to transport the boat it amazing to me. Sounds like good CS to me.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-24-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Michael, why didn't you get your dad to get his boat serviced earlier than right now?? dealers are bussssy this time of year, no matter where you are. i bet CA is way worse than most places...
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
I have never been w/o my boat on a weekend, no matter the time of year. You guys need some service departments that actually employ techs.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
honestly i tried to get my boat in a bunch its just i dont have time this semester, and my parents dont even deal with the boat, its basically mine. so comming all the way from chico to the bay to bring the boat in can just be a hassle. and im the only one with the vehical big enough to bring it in, tust me i know exactly what you are saying.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-24-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
doesnt cope havea store in sac? I am pretty darn sure they do
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-24-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
So do you keep the boat with you in Chico, or are you saying that you've gotta drive all the way home from Chico just to pick up the boat and then trailer it to the service dep't?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
but shane, we are spoiled!
WSA has got to be the best service dept around

there has been a couple of times that I needed repairs or service before a holiday or big weekend
...........these guys just plain get it done!

i hit a stump in the old XTi the weekend before a holiday weekend
I was trying to leave town on Friday

prop, rudder, gel coat repair.....plus these guys had new boats to prep and lots of other boats to service

had mine on Thursday!

awesome awesome awesome
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
Cliff, sort of the point. Don't see much complaining from the Texas boys, but from the land of milk and honey, nothing but biaaaatching.

True Story.

I was out of town, had what we thought was a serious issue with my boat. The Regional Malibu Rep was in town. Drove 15 miles to pick up the keys to my storage, drove 30 miles to pick up my boat, then 15 miles to the dealer. This was on a Monday, boat was ready by Thursday.

The goal is for WSA, never have a boat in service over the weekend.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
sounds like a business opportunity for someone out there
perhaps you don't have to be a dealer, just have multiple brand service tech certifications

and be top notch at customer service

could work!?
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       04-24-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
I have had nothing but great service from Copes in Rio Linda (Bell Aqua). Dave the service manager has always gone above and beyond for us. Thanks Copes!!
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2008, 12:27 AM Reply   
Scott-
i wish i could keep my boat in chico but around the campus there is no homes with garages. kinda screwed. but yes copes does have good service i am just pissed that they only have two service departments so far away from each other bc they are a huge company, but im over it. i keep my boat in disco also bc that were i live durring the summer months.

Cliff you are right on point my man. there is liquid renches but i dont know if they deal with malibu warranty work.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-25-2008, 12:52 AM Reply   
Ok I have to ask, how does a 22 year old student afford a brand new Malibu? None of my business I know but was just curious.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-25-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
lol, that's what daddy's for 00.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
ahaha very funny, true my dad is awesome, i used to have a junk ass sanger, really old and i ran it to the ground, until it just stoped working. so hes cool as heck and thought if i had a better wake i could progress more. And lets put it this way i thank him every day. so there you go. besides we live on the water and not having a boat is well...