Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Mother's Day is coming up soon. I need to get my mom something, but not quite sure what yet. Does anyone have any experience with Pro Flowers? I want to spend around $40 or so. What are you guys getting for your mothers, wives, daughters?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-03-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
pro flowers sucks, Just used it, they were late. flowers werent open, looked liek $100 bouquet of stems. Not happy. I would call your local flourist and go that route.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
Man, 42 views and 2 responses...no love for the women in your life eh?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-03-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
I did an edible arrangements dealio for my wifey for V day. Maybe I am lucky as the wife hates getting flowers and thinks that V Day is gay.

Check em out they were good and the fruit was really fresh and tasty...
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Edible arrangements are AWESOME.. but pricey.

Honestly, if you are within the area to deliver, I wouldn't have flowers sent.. but would hand deliver them instead. You can get a bunch of beautiful flowers for 1/3 the price the florists will charge. If not, I like 1-800-flowers.com.. they've been consistantly good. I try to do plants or a neat tree or something instead of just flowers that will die in a few days.

If you are thinking a gift, I like www.redenvelope.com, a lot of nice gifts for Mom to be found there.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
Grandchildren? lol
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-03-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
You also have to watch out for ProFlowers. My girlfriend ordered her mom some flowers from there and got a magical charge from another company for about $45. When we google'd the company name a whole bunch of info came up about a ProFlowers scam. If it's all true, I don't know how they are still in business. I have better luck with FTD, though this year I bought my mom a lab pup that she was looking for. Not quite in that $40 range though!
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Here's a good one that will benefit both parents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM4eJ...ext=1&index=21
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
Man, 42 views and 2 responses...no love for the women in your life eh?

how much money did you spend on your date with the older lady? and your budget is only $40 for mom?
yikes dude!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
Taking my mom to Teatro Zinzanni in San Fran. Awesome experience. I highly recommend it.