Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:00 AM Reply   
We had the opportunity to attend the event at Rollins lake yesterday, James did a few demos and we also gave some instructions, as well as a free ride. The folks at Capital Watersports lent us a 22Ve for the day, which we sacked out and enjoyed!

Rollins lake in in the Colfax area, those that travel I-80 to the ski resorts up towards Tahoe know that area. Goregeous scenery. We've had so many fires out west, we were a little worried when we hit Auburn, the smoke from some local fires had settled in that area. This is from the middle of Auburn heading north.

Upload
Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:03 AM Reply   
Jerry Price of Shred Stixx sent a JaMako up with us for a demo and Mike Walker of The Walker Project sent along a Composite X 4.5 and 5.0.

Upload
Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:07 AM Reply   
The good folks at Capital Watersport allowed us to borrow a 22Ve for the day, Dennis snatched it and did the ballast testing before the event.
The 22Ve throws a decent wake.

Upload

Dennis riding backside

Upload
Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:09 AM Reply   
There were a few other boats on the water yesterday :-) It seems $2K wraps are all the rage.

Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
We were pleased with the surf wake on the smaller Ve. Dennis did a great job of setting up the boat.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:16 AM Reply   
There was also a rail set up for a night time rail jam and light show. A few folk did a demo during the day. They winched from the docks across the swimming area. This is one of my favorite sequence shots :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:22 AM Reply   
CJ picking up some tips from Dennis and James

Upload

Nate rides goofy, and since it was the end of the day he was just disgusted. :-) This is what happens when you choose to ride the darkside.

Upload
Old    surfdad            07-20-2008, 5:24 AM Reply   
A portion of the proceeds are to be donation to the UC Davis Pediatric Cancer unit. Overall a great event with a great charitable component.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       07-21-2008, 5:38 AM Reply   
Hi Surfdad,
How much weight did Dennis put in the boat?
Old    surfdad            07-21-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Hey Karen, I'll ask Dennis to post the details.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
Hi Karen,
I put 350 lbs of lead in the back locker and 150 lbs lead under the side seat. I added about 100 lbs of water under the side seat and 650 lbs water in the back locker. 3-5 people in the boat.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
Jeff, thank you very much for coming out to the event and helping out for a great cause. Even though I wasn't able to get out and take some pointers in wakesurfing, I still to this day wish I would have done it. Just didn't have the time...

Thanks also goes out the The Walker Project for donating a great custom board for the benefit drawing (aka raffle in certain areas )