Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Astepatatime)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-10-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
Hey everyone. Newb here to Wakeworld. So we're thinking about buying an X55 and I'm looking for anyone with thoughts or experiences with this boat. Here's the situation - we're pretty new to boating, got our first boat last year, a Crownline E4. We got it to have more family time together(pulling our soon to be teenaged son away from the vid games). Had an awesome summer and got into wakeboarding plus did a lot of general cruising. So we've been thinking all winter about switching to a wakeboat - both for better wakeboarding and so we can surf (my wife really wants to start surfing). We've got a great opportunity on a new 2013 X55. It's a big boat, but we are looking at the size because we often have 1 or 2 families come out with us. We spend full days on the lake and do as much cruising as pure watersports. It's a lot of coin, so maybe I'm just looking for some peace of mind. Would love to hear any thoughts on this boat (I'm not looking for a debate on brands- like buy a G25 instead). A few things I'm wondering about, in addition to any general experiences you've had with an X55

- It's big, tons of room. But seems like for people focused on best wake in the MC line, they look towards an x25 or x30. I'm not looking for a pro wake and prefer to keep it stock, no bags. So am I going to be disappointed with the wake and surf and wish we'd gone with a smaller boat?

- What's this thing going to handle like (not going to be able to test drive before committing to the purchase)? The Crownline we have is over 5k pounds as is the X55, and there will be an extra 100 horses, so I'm assuming it won't feel like I'm driving a barge, even though it's longer with the platform.

So tell me about any of the above, any experiences you've had with the X55, or any thing else you think I should think about. TIA.