Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-17-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
I had a great day out at my first CLWC contest. I was mostly there to take pics but i had been wanting to ride in one of there contests for awhile but a torn ACL put that on hold last year...enter this year i am ready for the season long battle with Mr. Frew and to the victor goes the spoils. I hadn't ridden for about a month so i had a cram session ot the Lagoon Friday and said why not i'll ride tomorrow. I didn't have my best run and fell right of the bat in the windy conditions and basically threw my planned run out the window and just stuck to big grabs and tried to pull the backroll at the end, for whatever reason I just took it too big and wadded up slamming my back. I got up out of the water and was spitting up blood for about 20 minutes...not good. I got checked out and deemed okay..well okay for me i guess.I ended up third not bad for me but i will return for better.

Thanks again to Robyn,Damien,Jerry,Jesson,Gretchen,Walt and all the others who put in so much effort to make these contests happen...It was great to finally meet Mr. Ant Bug and look forward to seeing you in the future and to Mr. Jeff Frew you had better get on the water soon and i hope the camp does you good.....because you're going too need it...muhahahahaha
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Wakeripper,

Coughin up blood? And I missed that? Glad to here you're ok. I think the Shane is too much board for you, jk.

If I would've rode the contest I would have probably done something similar.

You want to come out Sat morning? No blood on the boat though, if you bleed you have to stay in the water.

Good to see you charging back out there after your ACL. And take it easy, dont start off your season like I did you saw my crippled self.

You know anyone who wants to buy a pimped out WSVLX?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Randy....we are so glad you joined us last weekend. Glad you had a good time and got third on top of it all!! Next time let me know you are coughing up blood But glad you are OK. Hope to see you at the next tourney in June. Uh oh...pressure is on Frew at camp now!!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-18-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Randy ~ Nice to meet you as well. I'll see you at the next comp.