Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    splais            05-07-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
Well I have decided to get a new Wakesurfboard. My "old" one is just an old 5"6" fiberglass injection molder surfboard.

So anyway I started reading and the more I read the worse it gets. I am not going to spend a lot of money $300 or less. I can get either of the Hyperlite boards for less than $300. but I have read all kinds of stuff about how they s*** and I just have to get a this board or that. So could any of you that have them or had them talk about the Hyperlite Landlock or Broadcast. Can the Broadcast handle a 200 pound rider ok.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-07-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
Steve,
Check out www.awakesurf.com
Then let's talk.
Alan Bogdanoff
Old     (yeaitsmemarc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-08-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
Steve,
I started with a Landlock, then went to a Broadcast and have since upgraded to an Inland Surfer.. In answer to your question.. "Can the Broadcast handle a 200 pound rider ok." Yea I'm about 195 and I had no problems... But, I would check out Inland Surfer, I really think they ride a lot better.
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       05-08-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
Depends on how big your wake is, I had a broadcast and loved it. But my boss had a bard time keeping up with the boat on it (small wake though). After riding the broadcast, I hated the landlock. The broadcast is much more playful. Now I have a phase 5 and don't really know what to think hah, def. skim style.
Old    splais            05-08-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
There, see what I mean. I like the look of the Inland Surfer boards, But fact is, they are WAY over priced.
Old     (yeaitsmemarc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-10-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
steve- maybe try giving Inland Surfer a call and see if you can work something out? 877-901-6055..?? Ask to speak to Jeff, he owns the compnay and is a real good guy.. just an idea