Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
alright so i am trying to land my first 360, and on my first try, i almost landed it but i let go, on the next two though, i did the same thing but i caught an edge and faceplanted.
Old    alanp            07-09-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
next time dont face plant.
no less than 4 threads in this section and i think a couple others on the main page. do a quick search and you can turn up some good tips.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
it was more of my back then my face now that i think of it, i caught my hs edge and yea, but ok ill look
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
take a pretty mellow edge and ride all the way up the wake so u get good pop u dont want to land way out in the flats then pull the handle all the way into ur hip and use the rope to spin u
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-10-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
Pop, pull, spin then pass.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMCPRP_3Hmw heres a vid, it looks like i am having trouble passing the handle, any tips?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-10-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
HomeDawq, you never really go for the handle in this attempt. You do a 180 with your right arm almost fully extended then just turn your body a little more and give up.

You need to "pull the rope to your hips" and get the handle pass. If you get the handle pass you will come around on this trick. The whole trick is the handle pass. If you leave the handle out in front of you like you did on this attempt, it will never happen.

The best practice tool for a 360 is a trampoline. Practice the handle pass over and over again. If you don't have a trampoline, just go for it on the water, but PULL THE HANDLE TO YOUR WAIST.

Let us know how it goes.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
So i just need to make sure i keep the handle closer to my hip so that i can pass it behind my back? Thanks
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-10-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Yes, basically try to touch your hands together behind your back, the handle will be right there. The key to this trick is removing the line tension so you can pass the handle, that is why you pull the handle to your waist. Good luck!
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Yea, i understand thanks a lot guys. I am going wakeboarding tonight with my gf so hopefully ill land it.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
i would use a helmet with a crash like that
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
i am also gunna start trying this trick but i have been doing the handle pass on the tramp but when i get to the water its a whole lot harder, you have a lot more movement ill just keep trying.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
well, my boat sorta broke down so i wasnt able to even try but i did a few surface 3s which were good and i did some huge hs 180s. I dont like wearing helmets though. I busted my head open one time though. lol
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
thats not something to lol about. lol.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
yea it hurt a lot and i needed 4 stitches, but im fine landing hard on water, just not on my board
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-19-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Ok, I've been here. The "boat wave" that I used to do with my arm when reaching for the handle is an easy thing to fix and if you don't you are going to smoke your shoulder trying to pass with your arm that far from your body.

So here you go. You'll need to put a little more weight on your front foot when you go up the wake. This will help you stay a little more on axis. Don't try to Ollie to much for pop. This is adding an jolt of tension and puts too much weight on your back foot. Cut out as far as possible and progress w/ a mellow edge the whole way up. Remember to straighten your legs and stand a little taller. Dave Briscoe calls it "resisting the wake". This will put you a better position to keep the handle close and stay upright. If you watch your video on slow-mo you can see the front quarter of the board is not even in the water up the wake. Now, as you get the pop, push your hip forward and begin to rotate your shoulders. As long as your elbows are in to your hips, the handle will be there. Also, I tend to be in more of a seated position the air. This helps you stay in a more powerful/controlled position for the pull of the handle when you get the pass. Once you get the pass, look for the boat if you aren't already and you'll stick the landing. Even if you don't get the handle, continue to rotate w/ your shoulders so you don't catch the HS edge and get whipped in neck as bad.

It takes a little faith that you're going to get around. I struggled with putting my back to the boat but once you get the handle in an attempt, you'll forget about it.

Good luck to you!