Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-13-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
Some former students of mine work at this camp where a girl had a wakeboarding accident this week...please send your thoughts/prayers for her recovery.

http://www.gccsda.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=313&Item id=136
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
my prayers are with her and her family.....
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
So sorry to here the news, sounds like the camp is a great outlet & outreach for the local youth. Sending paryers & best wishes from cali with hopes for a safe n speedy recovery.

Lzy
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-13-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
im speechless.... my prayers to her family
Old    mendo247            07-13-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
i cant imagine what her friends and family are going through right now.. my thoughts and prayers are with them all......
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Clearly God needed a fun wakeboarder in heaven. It just doesn't seem fair when so many people needed her here. That is so hard, my prayers are with her and her family.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-13-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Man, I just went back to the website and the first thing I saw was Bethany Kacak: 1990-2006. I was not expecting her to die. I don't know this girl at all but it really affected me. I probably know the kid who was driving the boat and the kid who was the lifeguard...this sucks.

God bless her family and hopefully her organ donation helps others to live awesome lives.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
wow...that is unbelievably sad...I wonder what exactly happened? The way the article made it sound, it was just a routine fall, which makes me wonder how safe the stuff I am doing actually is.

There have been a lot of injuries and deaths lately, it sucks really bad.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends as well as everyone here. It makes you take a step back and realize how precious life is, and what we do cannot be taken for granted.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
It didn't say if there was a way to make a donation or anything, Dave could we maybe do something an behalf of us at wakeworld or if not one of us could set something up for the family or the camp.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-13-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
So sad, My prayers are with her family.
God bless.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Thats so sad God Bless her friends and family.You know I think we sometimes take our sport for granted.Wakeboarding is comparable with bull riding with the exception of getting trampled by the bull. But yea your body takes alot of punishment. Ive raced dirt bikes,been into body building and played football and never felt the way I do after wakeboarding. Now when I say feel bad Im talking about when your trying to land a new trick(going big).Lets face it you dont learn these tricks the first time there is lots of pain involved.Even when you think you have mastered a trick there is always a chance.Plus the wakes are getting bigger there are more and more riders and very little instruction.Our sport is probably one of the most dangerous ones.To top it off I live in Florida so I have gators to worry about on top of all that.But like Bethany I love this sport and God willing I'll keep going.Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.LOL to all the wakeboarders.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-13-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Buddy of mine, his uncle owns this camp and i have a few friends in the area and lots of people that knew her pretty well. prayers and all are with her family and friends
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Anybody have any more info on what happened. I'm assuming the board hit her in the head or she crashed and hit something like a log. That is very sad.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
This is very tragic. My prayers go out to her family and friends.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Prayers on the way, tragic accident. Accidents happen everyday of the week, and that young lady was doing what she loved. RIP.....
I take nothing for granted, but I consider my commute to work far more dangerous, than WBing.

(Message edited by committed on July 13, 2006)
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
This is so unfortunate....God bless Bethany and her Family. My thoughts a prayers are with them. Also, to everyone else Wboarding have fun be safe out there. To anyone who has injuries, hope you all have healthy and speedy recoveries.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
my prayers to bethany's family and friends, and to those who attempted to save her. she must have been an amazing girl, to be so young and still choose to give the gift of life to others. r.i.p. bethany
Old    walt            07-13-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
RIP Bethany and are thoughts go out to Your family and friends.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-13-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
That is very sad. My condolences. I'll be praying for the family!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-13-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
RIP..

The Powell family prayers are with her and her family. GOD BLESS....
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
I wonder if she posted on here? It says something about her talking on a Wakeboarding website?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
very sad i am curious on what happened to cause her to go brain dead

again very very sad story...
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-13-2006, 10:12 PM Reply   
Things happen for reasons we can not explain. But know this she is with God now and there is no better place to be. My prayers go out to her family and friends.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2006, 12:37 AM Reply   
Very sad! Our thoughts are with the family and friends!
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       07-14-2006, 1:17 AM Reply   
when i read this being 17 I instantly got goose bumps. I also notice how lucky i was now when i hit shore on a kneeboard and came out unscathed.Bethany Kacak forever Rest in Peace and ride with your fellow riders in gods paradise

My prayers and condolences to the family , friends , boyfriends etc.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-15-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
FYI -

In lieu of flowers the Kacak family is requesting that donations be made to a fund to help young people attend Cohutta Springs Youth Camp’s Wakeboarding Camp or to a fund to help young people attend Georgia-Cumberland Academy (GCA).

Pastor Maurice Witt who has been assisting the family in making funeral arrangements says the family is asking for donations to help young people attend Wakeboarding Camp at Cohutta Springs Youth Camp because wakeboarding was one of the great loves of Bethany’s life and is asking for donations to help young people attend GCA because of her love for the school.

“She enjoyed so much last summer at wakeboarding camp at Cohutta,” says Witt. “The family says from the moment she left camp last summer she was looking forward to attending Wakeboarding Camp this summer at Cohutta.” He says the family really believes in the summer camp’s program and its ability to help youth.

Witt say’s Bethany’s father, Robert, recalls that when Bethany moved into her dorm room at GCA last year she was less than thrilled at attending the academy but that within days her attitude had completely changed and the family says the school made a difference in her life.

Donations to either fund can be sent to: Georgia-Cumberland Conference, P.O. Box 12000, Calhoun, Ga. 30703. In the memo section of the check please specify either “Bethany Wakeboarding” or “Bethany GCA.”
Old    murrayair            07-15-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
Best wishes to her family and friends. Such a terrible loss.