Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    sk8joe01            03-10-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
If you have an old or just non wakebaord boat and have riged up a homemade or aftermarket pylon or tower, put up your pics and give a brief explination of what you did and what it cost to inspire all those ppl out there who are trying to do somthing like that.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-10-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
heres mine http://www.wakescene.com/projects.wakescene.com/Features-Reviews/features1-%20pole.htm

Try searching Joe, this has been covered about 8billion times in the Boats & Accessories section of the board.

Old    warlock00            03-10-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
check my profile pic it's on there. It's in 2 pieces, took us maybe 2 or 3 Sat. to do it(on rainy Sat. couldn't miss the lake you know). Saved us a hella lot of $$, and works great.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-10-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
Here is mine, 2" aluminum all mandrel bent and I machined up the fittings and welded it up. You can see it in my profile.
Old    sk8joe01            03-10-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
yo wkaebordin, thats awsome. can you do that with a basic metal shop class? and what equipment do you need to bend the pipes like that?
Old    sk8joe01            03-10-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
actually kevin, in the boats & accessories section they just put up pics of their fancy rich-bitch mobiels. i'm looking for poor-guy gehto pole and tower rigs.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-10-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
Joe, I had a pipe bender bend it for me for 200.00. The whole tower cost me roughly 400.00 plus my time.
I have some pipe bender drawings of the angles and lengths that fit my boat that I am willing to share with anyone who wants them just email me asking for them. They are not the clearest drawings after I scanned them though.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-10-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
well mine is pretty ghetto.....if I do say so myself!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-10-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
I have an old boat that I put an after-market tower on. This baby is for sale if anyone is interested.

Wakeboard Fiesta Pleasure Cruiser
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-10-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
look at profile.
Old    sk8joe01            03-11-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
alex, the whole boat is for sale? or just the tower? if its just the tower i'm interested- will it fit any boat and how much$
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
Joe: I've been trying to sell it as a low priced "entry level" wakeboard boat. I don't really want to start stripping it down. But yes, it's a universal tower that you could mount on just about any boat. The board racks are nice too because they are: 1.plastic and they don't scratch the boards, and 2.the slots are narrow and the bungees are snug so the boards don't flop around like they do on my Super Air's poorly designed Flight Clips.
Sell it? Hmmm. Let me think about it.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-15-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
ive got that same towwer i think its a "rollcage" by joystick.....cost me 500 directly from them