Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    pwfan            05-28-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
Hey does anyone have any tips for me. I am having trouble getting air. Do you use a progesive edge? Also do you ollie at the wake or just suck up your knees? On my shuvits I keep getting yanked forward and my board doesn't rotate very much. Please help! Thanks
Old    oldschool            05-29-2003, 7:24 AM Reply   
I don't think you can ollie a wakeskate like a skateboard. I tried several times last night. It's just different because you can't get any help from the tail, and dragging the front foot is about impossible.

I can do w2w, I just use a regular cut (progressive, but not fast) and make sure I am centered above the board good as I come off the wake. Pulling the legs up helps.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   

Kyle, you can ollie off the wake when doing a wake 2 wake. You don't have to though. Some people say you need to edge all the way thru the wake. I think they're just riding way back and need the extra drive to cross the wake. I always let off my edge right at the wake and do a half-way ollie, not really kicking the tail too hard - just kind of half-way. Just punch the tail down and lift the legs, front first, and then push the front back down like a skateboard. This is especially important on smaller wakes or in the flats to get good pop. Notice how my front foot is near the tip of the board to push it back down level for the landing...
Old    pwfan            05-29-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
cool, thanks for the advice