Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    wakelover            08-08-2002, 1:28 PM Reply   
Hey peeps! I just started to learn how to wakeboard this year and I got out both of the wakes and I can go back in. I'm starting to jump the wakes a little but not getting any air. What should I do? And if any one knows any cool tricks for a new rider please let me know.

thanks
Old    awlang            08-08-2002, 2:48 PM Reply   
You should try to learn how to go outside the wake and butter slide. It is easy fun, and looks kind of cool. Let me know what ya think!!
Old    wakelover            08-08-2002, 7:51 PM Reply   
Thanks for the information...im going out to my lake and trying it. and ill let u know how it goes. thanks again
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-08-2002, 9:35 PM Reply   
kari, for getting air, make sure you don't absorb the wake with your knees, puch against it.
Old    fusion_pimp            08-09-2002, 9:35 AM Reply   
if you're going to butter-slide, make sure you keep most of your weight on your heals. If you don't you'll be *really* sorry you didn't listen :-)
Old    westcoastrider            08-11-2002, 11:56 PM Reply   
After you learn to butter slide the wake. Try a power slide in the flats. If you have a boat full of rookies that looks cool. Cut hard heelside when you get way to the side of the boat turn your board sideways so your heels are pointed towards the boat. Don't stop sliding until you slide all the way back to the wake.
Old    wakelover            08-12-2002, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hey- is there any other tricks that would be easy but cool looking? is there any good videos i can get so it can teach me tricks?
-kari
Old    vlxboarder            08-14-2002, 11:27 PM Reply   
ollies are pretty easy. that was the first thing i tried... basicly... jump... that's all you have to do...
Old    wakelover            08-17-2002, 8:17 PM Reply   
ok i have a bayliner for a boat is there any way to get big air? would i have to buy a rack so i can get big air?
Old    wake_chick            08-18-2002, 2:13 AM Reply   
get the DETENTION vid. Its really helpful and an absolute crack-up. and shaun murrey is a hottie ;)
Old    boardergirl128            08-20-2002, 5:06 PM Reply   
KARI I HAVE A CROWNLINE WITH A JOYSTICK TOWER AND IT WORKS GREAT BUT ME AND MY DAD HAVE TO TAKE IT APART EVERY TIME TO FIT OUR BOAT IN OUR GARAGE.OH AND A EASY MOVE TO DO IS COME UP GOFFY FOOTED THEN GET CUMFFY WITH THAT POSSITION TEN SLIDE BACK TO YOUR NORMAL STANCE {smile}

(Message edited by boardergirl128 on August 20, 2002)
Old    wakelover            08-21-2002, 12:12 PM Reply   
are the air boom good to get air or no?
Old    ffejtable            08-21-2002, 1:28 PM Reply   
I have an 18ft bayliner which doesnt throw much of a wake, but its enough for getting started.

Butterslides are cool but can be painful if you arent careful. I just started this year and the stuff I can do are butterslides, lipslides, surface 180s, HS and TS air, off the wake 180, and bunnyhops (not very well). I did my first heelside w2w last week when I shortened my rope from 75 to 65 and I wasnt really even trying very hard and I cleared it pretty easily. I felt like shortening the rope was cheating.

There are plenty of surface tricks you can do before you need to worry about wake size. When I started all I wanted to do was go big, but after a few ugly falls I learned I really need to focus on technique and the smaller things. Riding switch is a definate help too. My next trick is going to be HS air 180.

Technique is going to be your key to getting good air, with or without a tower/pylon. Most of my runs consist of just doing HS jumps so I am consistent.

Perfect pass has definately made my runs much more enjoyable, too.

BTW, can anybody explain the difference in a Air 180 and Half Cab?
Old    scoot            08-21-2002, 3:58 PM Reply   
Half cab is when u jump the wake goofy and then spinto regular. So to answer your question yes it is the same as an air 180 accept off of your goofy footed edge.
Old    boardergirl128            08-21-2002, 8:30 PM Reply   
I dont know about the air boom because ive never seen one but you might try asking around.

Old    boardergirl128            08-21-2002, 8:32 PM Reply   
whare did you did you get your perfect pass and by chance how much was it???
Old    ffejtable            08-22-2002, 6:38 AM Reply   
www.elberts.com for $575. the online price is higher, you have to call for the $575 price. I have heard that others have gotten theirs before me for $550 even.

Old    boardergirl128            08-22-2002, 4:58 PM Reply   
by chance do you know if they have the one based on speed not rpm's?
and do u know ware to get just one fat sack for a good price??
Old     (need2board)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-22-2002, 5:06 PM Reply   
Katie, check perfectpass.com, they have a few based on speed, as far as fat sacs if you dont wanna spend 80-100 bucks on a sac go to walmart and buy a waterbed matress it works pretty damn good
Old    ffejtable            08-22-2002, 5:56 PM Reply   
the perfect pass unit i bought is the wakeboard cruise which was $575. the wakeboard cruise is speed (paddle wheel) controlled. keep in mind the paddlewheel installation involves drilling a 1.75" hole in the bottom of the boat, something your dad may be reluctant to do. but for wakeboarding you really want the speed controlled system.
Old    boardergirl128            08-25-2002, 1:22 PM Reply   
where did you get yours for 575$$ my dad found one but its 700$$$ oh and i dont think he will mind drill ing because he put on our joystick towerwithe ease
Old    boardergirl128            08-25-2002, 1:23 PM Reply   
is it elberts .com or another place??
Old    ffejtable            08-25-2002, 5:37 PM Reply   
katie, you have to call elberts.com to get the $575 price. they are probably not allowed to advertise online below the $700 price (something called M.inimum A.dertised P.rice).