Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-11-2013, 2:02 PM Reply   
so ive been searching around trying to get information on how to get a membership at empire this summer. info has been almost non existent but ive been able to get a name and number of a guy to contact: Dave 303-654-1878

Cant get a return phone call or any information as to wait list/open memberships. Does this guy manage the memberships for all the clubs on the lake? Is there anybody else that i can contact? any recommendations or information on the lake from current/past members would be appreciated.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-11-2013, 2:08 PM Reply   
I'll tell you what I know. There are three clubs, each manged separately. Only one of the three gives you permanent camps sites, the others make you move around. They have openings all over the place right now, due to the low water levels. Honestly you'll be lucky to make it to mid june at where the levels are now, and most of the lake was done for by 4th of july last year.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-12-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
Here is all the info I have ever been able to get.

Empire Lake Boating at 760 815 9386 private lots more money

or

Dave Enfante 970-768-3555 first come first serve camping more like Stanley

Like Chris said though they are STRUGGLING for water this year so it might not be worth the $1500. However there are lots of openings so you could bite the bullet and pay the $1500 this year knowing you probably won't get a full summer but you will be a member going forward.
Old     (burn229)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-15-2013, 8:52 PM Reply   
Don't get a membership out at Empire. They suck the lake dry every summer. They will be lucky to even have water in at all this year with the drought. You're better of getting on a lake in the northern front range, particularly one that is spring fed.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-16-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by burn229 View Post
Don't get a membership out at Empire. They suck the lake dry every summer. They will be lucky to even have water in at all this year with the drought. You're better of getting on a lake in the northern front range, particularly one that is spring fed.
They have plenty of water right now. I was just out there at the beginning of the month. They may or may not have water long depending on how dry the summer is
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   
I've been a member for 3 years, decided to pass this year For me, it was a $1,260 gamble and I think I would have better odds in Vegas with my money and I am not a gambler. I do love the lake though! Last year we barely made it past the 4th of July before it the depth was too low for wakesurfing (my favorite thing). When it has water, it's a great lake to wakeboard/ski/wakesurf/etc. Our drought here in CO was just too much for it last year. I saw some pics on FB this past week and they are finally filling it up but I heard they only get to fill until May 1st and then they are done so hopefully they can get it full and everyone who joined will get a good summer. I am back on the list for next year, I hope I will be able to join again next year. Dave is the contact for West Fort Morgan Boating Club (club I belonged to).
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-16-2013, 4:19 PM Reply   
Someone was talking about where to invest in another thread. If I had the kind of money I'd need, I would invest in Colorado water rights and wakeboarding properties. It's already a priceless commodity here and it's only going to get harder to find. The price I would pay to have my brother's Minnesota lake cabin here. Of course the price he pays is that he has to live in Minnesota with other Minnesotans.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-16-2013, 4:29 PM Reply   
Eric..this year that price is no spring!! We have lots of water..problem is its all solid!!