Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
so i broke another board.. im looking for another deck and have been thinking about something with flex since i am a big snowboarder. i dont want to start this crazy fighting thread but id like advice on board and bindings. could you guys help me?

How i ride:
i ride really aggressive i like alot of pop and some pair of bindings that have some mobility so i can poke my grabs . any help would be great.

thanks,
Michael
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
nothing?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-17-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
Check out the 2010 Bside! Going to be the sickest board out this year! It isn't flex but it is SICK!
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-17-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
If your looking flex, there are becoming more and more options. If you want to go with bindings that will match the 4 hole insert pattern of the slingshot and company boards, the PB Floyds from slingshot are a nice choice. They are softer and allow for you to poke the way you want. Slingshot has three boards, the recoil, reflex, and response. The response is a lightning fast continuous rocker with decent pop. The recoil is a slow three stage with crazy straight up pop. The reflex is a mix between the other two. Company has the recruit, which is there fast continuous board and the severance is there three stage. Im biased to to slingshot, best customer service ever, but im sure company has some good stuff going on
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
2009 or newer Slingshot Recoil with PB Floyd boots.

Honestly it will blow your mind how fast the board is and how from a continious rocker it pops like nuts.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-17-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Nick dont you mean the Response? Just dont want to confuse him. Response is continuous, recoil is three stage
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-17-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Michael,

Get ahold of Josh Smith. He has some Company Wakeboards to demo at his camp.

Jaret
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-17-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
yeah i agree with riley. ive already ridden the new b-side and im selling my marek this week sometime to get one for sure.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
jaret, i will hit up josh. id like to give the company decks a shot... i definitly like how they look. on another note, i think i have met you before at sierra at tahoe last season? my girlfriend nicole wilson
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
so the response has awesome pop??
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
Sorry Response is faster and continious

Recoil is just fast and 3-stage.... both are insane, I haven't tried the Reflex but it is a mix of the two, but fast as can be, and if it is too fast you can round the edges to slow it up
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-17-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
+1 slingshot
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
I heard they are making a Watson with a hybrid core next year just like this years melissa aka it has bottom features like a standard board but also flexes.
Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       08-17-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
hey lee,
how do you like the marek right now compared to the '10 b-side? i ride the 09 bside and think its sick, was maybe going to buy a marek on closeout since next yrs marek looks like poop
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-17-2009, 9:27 PM Reply   
I know this great board that would be perfect for you, it's called the Watson.

Don't go changin'

Can't comment on flex sorry, never even seen one in person.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
jos,

i really like the pop of the watson it was just alittle slow for me and well i didnt ride the board that much just really this season and snaped it.lol
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
CWB has the Vibe coming out next year, which is Gabe Lucas' pro model.

It's designed as a flex board to be ridden on both wake and obstacles. As such it's a bit stiffer through the center of the board and more flex at the ends so it doesn't break down when you hit the wake.

Couple it with any of the new 2010 CWB bindings and you have a package that is less than 8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it'll be the lightest board binding combo on the market next year.

IMO, flex boards are cool, but be sure to demo first. I know a lot of guys that have been disappointed (inclucing pros). It can be argued to death, but they just don't produce the same pop that a stiff board will and require your riding to be spot on everytime to not "miss" the pop. Interestingly, a lot of the "flex" board companies have been steadily stiffening their boards. There is definitely a happy medium out there and everyone is going after it.

(Message edited by guido on August 18, 2009)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
FWIW.... The 5150 boys have one on the delta right now if you want to ride it. Not sure if you know those guys or not. I'm sure we could work something out.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
You can call NorCal Mastercraft. They were selling the Vibe last weekend at the Reno event. $.02 They had both sizes.
Old    star_star            08-18-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
i have been very happy with 08 byerly monarch 56".
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
Evan,
i really like the look of the vibe.. i saw it last week, i should just go demo it at nor cal mastercraft. as for the 5150 crew i have met joel once or twice but i would deffinitly be down to go out and demo that deck with them. my main problem is i am moving back up to chico on friday so its been great timing.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Gotcha, bro. Check it out if you get the chance. I think you'd like it.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
yeah my friend works in dublin so he could grab one on his way home.. ill give him a call and see if i can demo the board..
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-18-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
ITS INSANE JUST WANT SOMETHING THATS NOT AS LOOSE. TO ME THE B-SIDE IS SUPER GRIPPY AND I LOVE IT.