Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    live2wakeboard            12-19-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
WATS UP N2M HERE BUT I AM PLANNING ON GETTING A NEW BOARD IN MAY AND I JUST WANTED SOME INPUT ONE WAT EVERYBODY THINKS OF THE 05 PARKS BOARDS OR ANYOTHER HYPERLITE (I LIKE HYPERLITE B/C I GET A REALLY BIG DISCOUNT ON THEM AT THE LOCAL SHOP) AND WAT DDOES EVERYBODY THINK OF THE 05 MURRY BOOTS OR ANY OTHER BOOTS BY HYPERLITE PLEASE POST AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE SO I KNO WAT IS BEST THANKS
Old     (scott0)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-19-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
If you get a really big discount on them then thats good go for it. havent rode the 05 parks board so I cant tell you anything about that. As far as the bindings go I have the 05 LF Ultra suction becuase I dont like any thing where you adjust the tightening and loosening on your feet
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-19-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
WAT
Old    howie            12-19-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
I get my 05 in two weeks I will let you know how i like it .
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-19-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
I have the 04 Parks, and my friend has the 05. I don't notice a big difference between them, but it is an AWESOME board. I was told it is one of those thet you either do or don't like. Me like!! Big time!

Go ride one and see if it is for you. That is the only way to really know.
Old    live2wakeboard            12-19-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
YA THAT IS REALLY THE ONLY WAY I WILL KNO IF IT IS FOR ME OR NOT AND THAT WOULD BE GREAT #2 WEIRD IF U GIVE ME SOME INPUT BUT DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE 05 MURRY BOOTS I JUST WANT TO KNO PPL THINK OF THEM CUZ LAST YEARS I HEARD ALOT OF PPL SAYING THERES WEREN'T WORKING RIGHT AND THEY KEPT BREAKING THANKS EVERYBODY FOR UR INPUT
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-19-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
Here dude. You forgot these:

.,.,.,...,..,.,..,.,..,..,.,.,..,.,..,.,.,.,..,.,. ,.,.,.,.,.,

Old    brad_ruleman            12-19-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
Grab the latest WBM - it'll be the 2005 gear guide and will be more than helpful to you in finding a new board.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-20-2004, 5:08 AM Reply   
C'MON J-ROD GET OFF THE GUY HE'S JUST TRYING TO GET SOME INFORMATION SO HE CAN MAKE SURE THAT HE PURCHASES THE BEST EQUIPMENT AT THE BEST PRICE I SAW THE LATEST WBM AND THE 2005 GEAR GUIDE WILL DEFINATELY HELP IN HIS DECISION PLEASE NO MORE BASHING AND I HOPE EVERYONE HERE AT WW HAS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-20-2004, 6:05 AM Reply   
I have the '04 Murray (Temet) bindings and love them, no problems and I ride 4 to 5 times a week. Parks bindings are good too, I've had both, but like the Temets better cuz they're easier to get into and can be adjusted while riding.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-20-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
YOU WILL BE THE UNCOOLEST GUY EVER IF YOU DONT OUTFIT YOURSELF WITH ONLY PARKS EQUIPMENT ESPECIALLY THE BOARD IT WILL MAKE YOU GET BIG AIR ALL OTHER BOARDS SUCK COMPARED TO IT DONT GET ANYTHING ELSE OR YOU WILL BE SORRY START GROWING DREDS TOO
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-20-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
I AGREE WITH TOOLFAN. THE PARKS IS THE BEST BOARD EVER. IT WILL MAKE YOU RIDE BETTER AS LONG AS YOU PUT PARKS BINDINGS ON IT. ANY HYPERLITE FOR THAT MATTER. ONLY RIDE HYPERLITE..IF YOU DON'T YOU WON'T RIDE AS GOOD.

GET HIS HANDLE TOO. MAKES HANDLE PASSES EASIER. ACTUALLY YOU DON'T HAVE TO EVEN REACH FOR IT...IT JUMPS FROM ONE HAND TO THE OTHER... ASSUMING YOU'RE WEARING YOUR PARKS VEST OF COURSE.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-20-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
DITTO
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-20-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
Buzz is right - the Parks is a board you either love or hate so make sure you demo one before you spend the cash. Me personally, I like the way the board rides better than any board I've ever been on, and I've ridden on many different boards and Parks IS NOT my favorite rider. Try out the Premier too if you're going Hyperlite. Totally different board than the Parks, but if you don't like the way the Parks rides you might like the Premier.
Old    live2wakeboard            12-20-2004, 11:03 PM Reply   
thanks for the input sp0tts i have been waiting for my local shop to get one in so i can go demo it. I will look into the premier.
Old    sliderfreak            12-21-2004, 12:57 AM Reply   
temets rule, love then with hott firey love
Old    drewsky24            01-05-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
live2wakeboard get the '05 murray's fo sho, toolfan i agree PARKS rock
Old     (jeff206)      Join Date: May 2004       01-05-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
man, I know some of you are just F-ing around but are the rest of you serious!?!?!?
Old    cheekydevil69            01-06-2005, 6:20 AM Reply   
socal, u forgot to mention the parks boardshorts. they absolutely inspire ur whole body.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-06-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
Off-topic - I've seen the same situation in two videos lately: "yeah that's a pretty sick slider, but Parks f-ed it up, so...", which loosely translates to "yeah, Carmen's hot, but Rodman's kinda spoiled it for the rest of us." Or the Bachelor dude who dumped a girl cuz she had dated Fabio and he didn't think she could be satisfied by any mortal after that. Okay back to topic.

Isn't there a FAQ area here that states, "all 'which board is best' posters shall also include their riding style, rocker preference, usual tow boat and ballast preference, prior boards, etc.?

I'm just jealous because I can't go buy a board right now. But if I did, it'd be a new Absolute. Would have to try on/demo some bindings, though. '04 Parks bindings were super supportive without having to be tight.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-06-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
"man, I know some of you are just F-ing around but are the rest of you serious!?!?!?"

Well those that we're F-ing around got me laughing!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-06-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
J-rod, you crack me up. You are the man! You catch the stuff most of us miss.

Hey, what's everyone yelling about?? (Caps)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-06-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
J-rod, you crack me up. You are the man! You catch the stuff most of us miss.

Hey, what's everyone yelling about?? (Caps)