Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-15-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I have an 04 X2 with the factory ballast, I want to have a bigger and smoother wake! does anyone know how much weight this boat likes when adding fat sacs to have a good wake?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-15-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
You'll get a range of feadback on this one. With this boat, the more weight you add to the back, the closer the "roll-over" or "white wash" will be to the boat. My boat was dialed for guys riding in the 75-80 foot rope mark. Guys that ride shorter tend to load the back up with a couple hundred extra pound to bring the sweet spot closer, but this also screws things up for the guys riding 85+ feet.

I removed the rear tanks and replaced with 440s. 100 in lead in the cooler over the vdrive; 400 in the seating area, 100 on the floor to move around; center stock ballast (500), a 500 sack in the walk through, and 300 in lead in the very front under the cushions.

Others will suggest you run more in the back, but that never worked well for my boat.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
About 1000lbs over stock.

600 to 700 up front

300 to 400 in the back
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
Wow Ed... You're getting soft in your old age.

I think a really good place to start is with an extra 100 on each side of the motor and a 500 sac in nose/walk through. If you still want more, then add evenly throughout the boat of in the center.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-15-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
What were doing this season is adding about 100 to the rear over stock in sand for 620lbs in the rear, and 320 lbs in sand and lead in the front, along with the stock 400 pound bag in the ski locker and 2 more 50 pound shot bags to move around the cockpit/bow depending on where people are sitting.

Trying this setup out next weekend so I'll take some pics when I get it figured out.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   

quote:

Wow Ed... You're getting soft in your old age

I know,you don't have to remind me.

quote:

I think a really good place to start is with an extra 100 on each side of the motor and a 500 sac in nose/walk through. If you still want more, then add evenly throughout the boat of in the center.

Isn't that what I kind of suggested but just worded differently and a tad more weight?

As far as the weight in my boat.....Not really sure since I haven't ridden or seen my boat for that matter for 6 months.
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-15-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info! Do you think the sand bags will be fine in the back by the motor instead of fat sacs? and you say just and extra 100 in the back right?
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-15-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
I am riding at about 65 feet! Is that ok? or should i be back further?
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-15-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
I used to run the 750's in the back but changed out to the 440's as I didn't want to monitor how full they were and found J-Rod & Ed were right, didn't need that much in the back. Run the bow filler bag (approx 250-300 lbs) and 12 pop bags (480 lbs) in the bow walkway under the filler cushion and about 360 in pop bags in the cabin. Stock center bag. Wake is good 70 - 85 feet.

Here are a few pics with that config. 80' @ 24.5

Upload

Upload

quote:

As far as the weight in my boat.....Not really sure since I haven't ridden or seen my boat for that matter for 6 months.

Yeah... when ARE you coming up here again?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
Not this weekend but the next.....I hope!

You'll be the 1st to know when the deal is sealed.

How long do you think I would have to wait if I ordered the bags today?(Bow and v-drive)
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-15-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
I have an 04 X2. I just added lead weight. about 200 on each side in the back and 150 in the front. driver's side I only put 190 to componsate for ice chest. I keep it behind the seat. I think that it works great.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       05-15-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
In the F1F boat (x1) I think our crew runs around 1200lbs in lead all around, a 500 sac in the bow and one more 500 in front of the back set. Than fill the factory to what ever we need. (it changes if we have a lot of ppl) But the wake is always BIG!!! We all ride at 85ft.

(Message edited by bigpapaf1f on May 15, 2007)
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-15-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
Ed,

Depends on if they have them in stock, buywake is about a week with standard shipping. You'll need some fittings as well to convert the hoses over for the rear bags and make a decision on how to plumb the front.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I'm not going to worry about plumbing them for now,I just want to have the weight I need when I take my boat out without you having to strip your boat naked every time.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
I have a couple of questions for you guys. I just got a 06 X1 and it only has the two rear hard tanks and thats it, no center ballast. It sounds like I should swap out the hard tanks for the 400lbs sac's. For the ski locker should I have a custom bag made or just buy the pro X tube sac (10x16x62 370lbs). Also is the Integrated Bow Sac really worth it? It dosen't seem like it will hold a lot of weight.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
Right now I am kind of in-line with what Evan said in the 4th post... but more like 200 over stock in each locker and about 800 in the nose... and usually a girl or two up there as well.

In other words, about the same distribution but a bit more weight. If you have a crew of 5, less will keep you smiling.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-15-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
If I may...,same hull

I agree with what people are saying about weight in the front. Although the wake has gotten to my need/liking, I will still consider another 100lbs or so of lead to put towards the bow (just forward of driver kick panel and in passenger compartment).

Woody...it's ultimately your call, but I did the exact thing with the rear sacs in our former X10. It gave me more capacity and when the bags were empty I got all (actually more) of my storage back.

I ordered a custom center bag for the center locker, but that was before the Fly High stuff. Still, my bag completely fills the locker and I don't think the FH stuff is as long as the locker can handle(?).

As for the front, I love my integrated bow sac but I trailer everywhere and having (mostly) removable ballast is a must. You'll still want to supplement it (bow sac) with more weight.

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on May 15, 2007)