Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    masonlakerider            05-19-2003, 1:13 AM Reply   
I was talking to my neighbor at the lake today and he told me that he bought a brand new blue Tige 21i D-drive straight off the showroom floor at the boatshow. I've never been on a Direct Drive malibu or tige but I was very surprised when he said that he HAD checked out malibu and that although the malibu was $10k CHEAPER he prefered the tige. I was completely shocked when I heard this. First of all...does anyone know what the wakes are like on these 2 D-Drives...Because with my experience with the V-drives, the Malibu's wake f&^%$n rocks and the tige's wake is pretty lame! But like I said I have NO experience with the Direct drives. I'm curious what other peoples opinions are on these boats and if the tige really is $10k more expensive/worth $10k more, even with him saying he "got a DEAL". From my experience it just doesn't make sense to me!?
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-19-2003, 4:45 AM Reply   
i have d-drive wakesetter and the wake is great with a few people and the wedge down and im sure its even better with some more weight
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-19-2003, 5:56 AM Reply   
Why should it matter to you? Sounds like you're looking to start another infamous, WW "Tige Bash" session?

Maybe you could just enjoy your parents '03 SANTE and let your neighbor enjoy his new Tige, regardless of what kind of deal he got?

BTW, curious as to exactly which "new" D-Drive model of Malibu he found for $10K CHEAPER than a new 21i? (that would be a first)

Remember, to each his own........
Old    bigd            05-19-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
Rather than worrying about dirty words and nudie pics, I vote to delete posts about which boat has a better wake. What a monumental waste of time.
Old    cws_kahuna            05-19-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
To be 10K cheaper he was probably not looking at a wakesetter d-drive. It was possibly a Response or Sportster series if I were to take a guess, which are both fine boats. The Tige is a fine boat too, hopefully he is happy with his decision which is really the only thing that matters.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
The 21i has a awesome wake with weight in it
Old    masonlakerider            05-20-2003, 5:42 PM Reply   
Sorry Ryan, I wasn't trying to talk ish about your boat...i just found it surprising that he found a comparible brand new malibu for 10K less and still went with the tige. From my experience it just didn't add up! And by the way, the SANTE doesn't belong to my parents (my mom's dead)...I work very hard for it...but that was really cute of you!
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
Sorry Chad,
I must have confused you with the Chad that had so many good things to say about his "family's" Centurion and then mentioned that his "family" had a new SANTE on order? I guess you meant you and your girlfriend?
Sorry to hear about your mum....(wherever that came from???)
Congrats on doing so well! A 20 year old student with two years on the credit bureau and you managed to get a real estate license and also buy a $50+K wakeboard boat! Wonder where I went wrong at your age?
Anyhow, keep up the good work and remember to each his own, mate.......

BTW, if you ever make it over this way, I would love to pull you behind the "pretty lame" wake on our Tige......
Old    masonlakerider            05-21-2003, 11:58 AM Reply   
i don't thing i've ever said anything good about my families centurion!
Old    mikep            05-21-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
Chad,

Very few people have actually ridden behind the Tige's with the new convex v-hull, yet everyone seems to have an opinion about the wake. I can confirm that the 21i wake (2002 and up) is amazing with 2000 pounds of weight. It is up there with many of the v-drives I've ridden behind regularly including the Wakesetter VLX. The extra weight is critical to get the 21i pro-sized. Don't take my word for it though, go check one out yourself before posting any opinions.

The Malibu direct drive that I've ridden behind has the same hull of the wakesetter and has a great wake too with enough weight.

If I had to guess why your neighbor liked the Tige' better it would probably be the 102" beam compared to the 93" or less beam in the Malibu. There's quite a bit more room and storage in the Tige', but who really knows. It's all personal opinion.

Why don't you ask him?