Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (magnus1)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
My 2006 211 Cross over correct craft, Hyperlite Team Edition Boat was stolen from Havasu Springs Resorts within the past 60 days. The boat is hard to miss with its green and black argyle graphics and graffiti Hyperlite writing on each side. This is devastating as I loved this boatUpload
Old     (magnus1)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
My phone number if ANYONE has any information is 858-776-2439
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
Damn, sorry about that brother. I'll forward this to my dad, he is headed out to Parker this weekend. Maybe send this to all the different storage places in the Parker/Havasu area. What storage area was it taken out of at the Springs? Who would have access, perhaps it was an inside job. Also did you have it locked up?
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-07-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
Not saying that you didn't make your payments and don't care, but did you call your bank that it was financed with? I'm assuming you always made the payments but I've heard of some banks attempting to repo if you miss one payment and coming up on the second payment. Brother-in-law is a big Repo God and he has told me that banks have done that before.

pretty crazy for someone to take this boat and think they can actually get away with it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-07-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
Call the insurance company and get to shopping!
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-07-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
You know, when I steal boats, I generally try to find a slightly less conspicuous one.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-07-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
I am asuming the graphics have been pulled (if not in gelcoat)and the boat is all white with the black stripe or new graphics have been put on. maybe check with with nautique as to who ordered new graphics for this style boat or that custom graphics company maybe had an order for a Wrap??????

Good luck man that sucks :-(
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
I promise that with the type of people that live out there, this boat is not being altered graphically to be used. That thing is being parted piece by piece. If not found quickly the hull will be found in the desert full of bullet holes 5 years later.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-07-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Greg, I hate to hear that, great looking boat!!!
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
That sucks. I had a brand new 06 Moomba LSV. I had it for a month and it was stolen. Insurance took care of everything. That really sucks and I hope you had it insured. That is a great looking boat.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
keep your fingers crossed that the crook's are so stupid that they kept the graphic on and are rolling around at a lake near by. IMO that's the only way your would ever have a chance at ever seeing this boat again if it was stolen. If the graphics were gone and it was just a white boat it's a dime a dozen look you could probaly take the graphic off and take it out the next day and you wouldn't even reconize it. I guess there is somthing to be said about having a uinique colored/looking boat. IMO crook's are either intrested in a few choice parts on your boat. They normaly either take it for a Joy ride and snatch a few parts while they are at it or take it out of the water to a shop and strip the thing out and take what they need and some where down the line you will find a stripped out boat. Sorry your boat got snached. You have no idea exactley when it was missing???
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-07-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
Damn, sorry to hear that Greg. She was a beauty. Good luck and keep us upated.
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-07-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
dang that sucks why r u telling us soo late???? check the nearby buildings and ask if they have video cameras and see if you can watch the people steling it maybe you can see the truck that stole it.Like the color and model or if ure lucky a liscence plate #!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-07-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Big bummer. That was Greg Dick's old boat... I loved that boat... some of the cleanest graphics on a boat ever... good luck will keep an eye out for it in Mexico.....
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-07-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
That sucks man, Has it been 60 days since you last visited the boat? I visit mine at least every 2 weeks just to say hi and check in on her...

(Message edited by tailgate on January 07, 2010)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Tactful
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-07-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
Ouch... Its long Gone i bet bro...... Nautique 230 this time!
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-07-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
I would recommend you contact Correct Craft with the Hull ID# and trailer vin and license plate and ask them to put it in their system so if anyone tries to get parts/work it will pop up. It likely could be sold to an unsuspecting 3rd party that doesn't know it's stolen until they go to register/license it. Keep an eye on Craigslist too via jaxed.