Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
We were out yesterday riding and I got pulled into the wake. Once I found the sweet spot I tossed the rope in. Check this for the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOmnjpXqYW8

(Message edited by mhetheridge on September 29, 2008)
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, turn the sound up for commentary.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-29-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
Somewhere we have better video. I was trying a lay back wakeboard trick. Basically lay on your back and get back up. I didn't have a non-stretch rope. Anyway I laid back and held with all my mighty. Eventually I had to let go. The rope sprung forward 70 feet back in to the boat. It hit Dean right in the boys. Dean dropped the cam-corder and cured up in the side of the boat. Dean said that he thought he was going to lose his lunch.
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2008, 3:07 AM Reply   
Hilarious. Those are usually one in a million events. That's why we video everytime we go out. Well, not for that reason but it does make for good bloopers. I'm putting together video clips of our wipeouts for the summer. Good times and good memories for sure.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
Nice.

We use an accurate surf rope with a very small handle. My older kids are always trying to "ring" the handle onto the ski pylon when they throw it in, every once in a while they get it.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-30-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
here's a thought. throw the rope to the other side of the wake. The wash will keep the rope on that side. That will allow the passenger to pull the rope in without worrying. you could just leave it there too. This way nobody gets hit in the head.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
We try to ring the ski pylon, and call it a triple cheese. ( the first time I got a ringer was the day micky d's accidently put 3 patties on my cheese burger.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
My buddy hit me in the bridge of my nose with the end of the handle (old heavy one) while i wasn't looking the other day throwing me the rope when i was waiting to be picked up, kinda gave me a slight black eye.