Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-12-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
Ok, Where the hell are the screws to remove the foot rest in my 07 LSV. I want to put in a sub box but am struggling to find the screws for it. I see the black block near the center walk thru side but where are they on the starboard side.
Thanks in advance
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-12-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
They should be on the very bottom. I want to say there are three to four screws.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-12-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
I pulled at least 10 screws out of the kickpanel in my 08 VLX. They bury them and screw the sh*t out of it. They are hard to find, really have to run your fingers or bit through the carpet to find them. Once you get most of them out there may be a couple you can't find. Once I got most of them, I gently used a pry bar to pinpoint where there were still screws holding and then found them and backed them out. Took much longer than I thought it would though.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-12-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I will give it another look this weekend.
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-12-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
Use a strong magnet to locate the screws
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
the screws should be stainless steel so a magnet would not work. just got to find them in the carpet.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
I actually used a stud finder that works for metal studs. Its a BITCH to find them, the screw heads are silver, the carpet is grey, and the carpet base material is silver. It took me FOREVER.

Good luck!