Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-02-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Hey, anyone here compete in the socal wakeboard tournament- in any skill level? Last summer I competed in beginners and this summer I'm hoping to compete in intermediates.
I think more girls need to wakeboard together- it's easier to learn tricks from other girls than from guys. Anyone down to get a crew of girls together?
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-06-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
Hey Alexis! I live in SD but I don't compete and really have no desire to. I agree more girls should ride together but I know for me it is out of my control who I ride with, considering I do not own my own boat. I believe it is not necessarily any "easier" to learn tricks from either gender. I feel for me... it is all about the learning environment and typically women are more supportive of each other as we are learning. That is why I attempt to gather a group of women who ride in all my favorite action sports. So I can definetely appreciate your post! I just enjoy the support and the understanding of certain "emotions" that men typically can not relate to with my other female riders. BTW I believe Paula or "wakepaula" competes but I rarely see her on this board any more. Bueller??? Any way I am down to ride with you when ever just hit me up!
Old     (helloboys)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-07-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
I don't compete either (I'm a rookie) but I agree that girls should ride together. I've only met 3 or 4 girls riding this past season. Lack of a boat does pose a problem for me also. I am always looking for a pull and the responses I do get are generally guys. If you do have a group that goes out in the San Diego area hit me up for sure.
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-07-2005, 10:25 PM Reply   
Hey Desiree... I was one of those girls ^. I see that you have been busy in find a third be a third and have been doing quite well! Atta girl ! Yeah, if ya ever want another chick out there with ya let me know! I have thurs. and Fri. mornings off too, I just haven't been on a hunt for pulls since I broke my collar bone. All better now... lets ride!
Old                02-07-2005, 11:43 PM Reply   
amay, what else did you break? I left you a message a few weeks back so you're it on phone tag!
Old     (helloboys)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-08-2005, 12:01 AM Reply   
Amay: I didn't realize that was you. Did you break it wakeboarding? Ouch. I'm glad you're better. I'm all for riding with you again. Maybe you can give me some pointers.
Old                02-08-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
Alexis, I was just wondering how the competitions in San Diego work because I as well competed in my first wakeboard event this last summer in Washington. We only had one class (the womens class) for girls to ride in, but I'm sure it's due to the lack of female riders. So in that case you never know if you're riding w/ girls who are beginners or advance... I noticed on your post you competed in a beginners class and now want to compete in an intermediate class this summer. Do you have enough girls in that area to support different level's of riding for women or will you ride in the mens intermediate class?
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-08-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
Lynsey I believe I typed my COLLAR BONE in the first post but that's ok because we all know you dye you hair .I tryed to keep it simple instead of saying clavical just for you. Girl you know me and my phones - I got a new one lost all my #'s. You know the drill EMAIL please!!!!! BTW I loved your message and miss you terribly!
Desiree - no I only tear ligaments wakeboarding lol. Mx breaks bones . I was hoping you could give me some pointers since your out there tearing it up every week!
Old     (helloboys)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-09-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Amay: yeah right? You're much more advanced than I am. I did manage to give myself a black eye last summer trying to clear the wake but no major problems otherwise. Ive been going to the bay also. A little different on the salt water but manageable.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-12-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
Desiree and Amay,

I have a great group of girls that ride with me regularly, at least more during the season. Will have to get both of you out there soon. I know you have heard this before Desiree, but really, I will. Just as soon as this damn rain stops!! The only persons that have ever taken a ride behind my new VLX are two of the girls. I have NOT had a ride yet!!
Old     (helloboys)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-12-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Buzz! Anytime you're ready I am so there. THis rain really messed things up for me. I've been on a roll going every week. Give me a holler whenever ur ready. 619-961-5959

:-)
Old                02-12-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
A- ya ya smartass, I meant what else did you break besides your clavical and arm. When your bones aren't broken or ligaments are not torn, plan on making a trip up here during the summer. Oh ya, bring T with you too. Miss ya mucho.
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-12-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Mary,
SoCal Wakeboard Event is in mission bay thre times each summer. Girls only compete against girls and guys against guys. They have all levels from beginners to outlaw. There are more guys. but there were something like eleven girls in my class. Wakesports on Convoy hosts it. You should check it out this summer. W e need more girls out there. Good luck :-)
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-12-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
It seems like none of us girls have a boat. But I am free every Friday and most thursdays if anyone needs a third. I'm not great and I could definately use some tips with my wake jumps. I go with my bro Kevin and his girlfriend whenever I can. If he ever needs a third I'll let you girls know. He's happy to give a pull as long as you bring money for gas
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-13-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Lynsey, haha ya know I luv ya! I know I am such a mess but I am still kickin! Oh you can count on a visit.. I just got get one of those job thingys so I can afford it. But no worries Alexis gas $ is standard.
Desiree, your so funny, cheers on the black eye. Can't say I haven't been there. I think we can agree that we all could use some work, no matter what we can all get better. We just need to get out there together and thanks Alexis for this thread it is a long time overdue!
Buzz, thanks for the invite and congrats on the new boat! I'd love to come out there with any time. I don't come on here much anymore, but ya know since its been raining I have spent a lot more time indoors. Rain stinks. My # is 760-807-0985 and email works Ok too! Hit me up whenever.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-17-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Wow looks like someone needs to take all the lovely women out for a ride!!!!!!!
Offer may be coming soon ladies!!!
Old     (helloboys)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
Kewl! I'm always looking for a pull. Just give me a days notice if possible. I'm good for gas $$$ always. I can be reached at 619-961-5959.
Old                03-04-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
i just moved here but i would like to compete. how do they break down the skill levels. i am not sure which i would be in but i would love to come out and ride and support other chicks that go off.

pura vida
h-bomb