Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trailbiker)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-29-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Hi there,

I'm looking for recommendations regarding waterproof gloves. I'll be heading off on a wakeboarding holiday where I'll be doing 3/4 sets a day. I have a skin condition on my hands which is irritated by water. I can kind of get away with it if I'm doing just a few sets over a weekend but my hands will be in bits if I can't keep them dry for the 10 or so consecutive days which I'll be out on the water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       02-29-2012, 3:39 PM Reply   
Try these...
I have a couple pairs for cold weather riding. Hands dont even get wet and you can wear a liner underneath...

http://www.wileyski.com/shopproductd...=3811&catID=85

Last edited by kirk; 02-29-2012 at 3:43 PM.
Old     (trailbiker)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-01-2012, 1:39 AM Reply   
Thanks for the link Kirk however, I should have stated that I'm actually based in Europe (Ireland to be precise). That crowd only seem to ship within the USA, Canada and Mexico. Btw, those are some cold looking conditions in your photos. Hardcore!!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-01-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
Try some latex dish washing gloves & duct tape. Your hands will sweet, does that irritate your hands?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
You may be able to find a thin neoprene work glove designed for chemical use. Warmer and more comfortable than latex but your hands may still get damp Good luck.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
I went thru this quest years back. Really only found the way to keep you hands dry is to use a dry suit to cover the cuff of a water proof glove (like the link from Wiley's above). On their own I all ways managed to get water down the glove during some crash. My goal was cold weather riding, so warmth was really my goal over water proof. I ended up doing gloves that where warm enough while wet.

I get your goal is different, you want to stay dry for skin condition reasons. Just saying I tried to stay dry for warmth and gave up on it as without a dry suit over the glove's cuff I managed to get water in it. I'd also agree that if you find a glove that does keep your hands dry from the water, they will get wet from sweat.
Old     (trailbiker)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-02-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Thanks for all of the above suggestions. I don't know how my hands would cope with sweat. I'm guessing that the only probable solution is to ignore the situation during sets but to dry my hands thoroughly immediately after each set.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-02-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried the "sealskin" waterproof underwater gloves? Not much info on it, but the picture shows some dude reaching underwater at the camera... so I am thinking this will keep your hand dry...?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA08Q02P1909
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-02-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Are you riding in cold water, or just worried about irritation?

what about keeping something in the boat to "clean" your hands with after your set?? Not sure how you "wash" your hands now, but some anti-bacerial soap & clean water, or a hand sanitizer, or whatever works.....