Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-18-2003, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ok stereo people. Where should I put A 12" subwoofer in a 2002 Avalanche?
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
ya id liek to know too.. Ive been searching for a long time. i dont think its possible if u still wanna utilize the "change for a dollar" feature...
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2003, 10:34 PM Reply   
Centurion mounts their sub down by the drivers feet
Old    oshensurfer            05-19-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Hey, I have the Hurricane and my sub is under my console in front of feet. Try to get a cage for it to prevent accidental kicking. Sub goes under the passenger storage hatch on the inside of the walk through wall.
Old    oshensurfer            05-19-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Whoops. I mean amp in the storage hatch.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-19-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
ok maybe im wrong but i think hes talking about the chevy avalanche. if not, i am
Old    cws_kahuna            05-20-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
If you're talking about the Chevy Avalanche, you can build a small box to fit under the rear seat, You can still do the change feature as well but the seat will not quite go all the way down. I have a 10" under the rear seat of my 2003 Avalanche, I do not think a 12" would fit, a 10" is already really tight. The box I made is 11½" x 11½" x 6" I think anyway. There are very few speakers that can run that small a box it's something like .36 cubic feet. I found a 10" Phoenix Gold Tantrum to be a decent fit as it claims it can go from .20 - .55 cubic feet on sounddomain.com.

If you're talking about the boat Centurion Avalanche, try to place the sub under the drivers seat. That is a very common place for a sub in a tournament boat.

This is the old speaker I had (MTX Thunder 3000) new Phoenix Gold Tantrum sounds much better in this box.
Speaker Box

Picture with seat in normal position
Speaker Box 2
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-20-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I am however talking about the centurion avalanche.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-20-2003, 4:04 PM Reply   
This is where Centurion installs them
You can see the bottom half of the sub under the dash

Centurion Avalanche Sub