Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-25-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Lets hear all the reasons you might be addicted. I traded and old boat and a new truck for a new boat and old truck. Waking up for a 4:30 am pull is no problem but getting to work by 9 never happens. My truck has not seen soap in 9 months, but my boat gets washed every week.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-25-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
My car hasn't been washed in 4 months but I scrubbed my boat down for 5 hours. I purchased a CD player for my car and installed it in my boat. I too can get up at almost any hour for boarding but I'll stroll into work anywhere between 9-10. To name only a few.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
your wife is in labor at the hospital, and you say, just one more set!!!
this is not a real life experience!!!!
hah
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-25-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
You sit on a computer and talk to other people about wakeboarding........
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-25-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Eric, you definitely speak the truth. Most of the posts come from people at work. DC and Jeffrey, I need your check in time to work. Are there any open positions?clipart{proud}
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/233735.html
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-25-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
Randy,
one of the perks I've experience with my last two jobs as an environmental consultant. Flex hours!
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-25-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe. Funny how true all of these posts are.
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-25-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding, if you go after girls whose family's own big boats...
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
you might be addicted to wakeboarding if you discover just how good old magazines serve as a wall paper. yes, i did this today and yesterday. i've subscribed for several years. my bro has had a subscription too so he gave me a few. all four of my walls are caked in wakeboard stuff. including my mounted wakeboard rack where i store my boards in the winter...as i said, obsession
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-25-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding if you don't think twice when filling up the boat with 35 gallons of fuel.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding when you drive past any body of water including retention ponds, and think how buttery it looks.
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-26-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
No joke Chris, I've been scouting ditches...
Old    crash_vin            05-26-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
you might be addicted to wakeboarding if you read this site everyday becouse you are at work and cant board
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-26-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
true story, i was on the lake when i got the call that my wife was going into labor. Luckily she told me i had to go wakeboarding that day. she was 2 weeks over due and kept having dreams that she went into labor when i was wakeboarding so she decided to get this thing out of her i had to go. It worked. But dont worry i got there in time for the show
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-26-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding when you have been riding since '91, blown out both your knees, broken your femur and you still can't wait to get in your next set!!!

Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
..............if you have to use an ICE SCRAPER on you boat window.
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding, if you have been laying in a hospital bed thinking man I cant wait to try that again!
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-26-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
...if you can remember each time this thread gets posted over the past 5 years. ;) Oh, and the "what are y'all listening to?" threads.

and I believe you're addicted when you're driving around the city, looking for some open wireless network so you can see if someone has responded to a thread you started...
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-26-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
you might be addicted to wakeboarding if you steal your neighbors motor scooter only to attach a rope to the back and skateboard behind it and set up skate rails in the middle of the road. - true story by the way
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
when you pass every single piece of water and imagine setting up a winch there just to get your fix! it doesn't matter where i am, it could be a lake, a pond, a stream, a creek! i always see little bodies of water and want to get my fix by setting up a winch.

now i just have to build one!

*note, just read through responses and Chris G has my same mindset!
Old     (bmfb)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
...if when driving you pass a truck with a wake boat sticker in the back window you imediately flip a bitch, follow them until they stop, and beg them to take you out for a pull the next time they go.
...if you go to the nearest lake and stand on the launch ramp with your gear and a sign that reads "will pay $$$ for a pull"
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-26-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
...if you pee double-ups

Not mine but still worth mentioning
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
... if your cousin raises her eyebrows, smiles, and notions for you to check out the hot chick getting pulled behind the boat and then you smile back at her and say "Nice wake huh" thinking that she was smiling about the wake and not the girl she wants to hook you up with.

True Story
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-26-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding if you spend time online explaining why your addicted to wakeboarding.....ok that makes no sense....how about this......
you might be addicted to wakeboarding if you have used all your sick days on fridays to get an extra day out of the weekend to ride.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-26-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
You might be addicted.... if you sit in a blow-up raft in the middle of the lake, with your wakeboard, trying to flag someone down for a pull. While holding a ziploc bag with money in it.

Saw this last summer... almost gave him a pull!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-26-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
hey now....i have "chanced" it by going to the boat landing and asking people putting in.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   

quote:

By JHG (jhgsupra) on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:51 am:

...if you pee double-ups

Not mine but still worth mentioning

so you watch other guys pee double-ups?
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-26-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
...if you're sitting at work and get a "no reasoner" and think about wakeboarding to get it down, but then it only gets worse.
Old     (killjoy951)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
you know you addicted when you tolerate the skier's BS only because you know they keep the k00ks out of the backwater.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
you buy a boat instead of your first car, who needs cars and trucks anyway?
Old    moombarider132            05-26-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
haha yep gave up my first car for a boat! and sat in a hospital bed thinking "i cant wait to try that again" and never think twice about gas cuz i dont pay for it anyway (that is however about to change) im guilty. ADDICTED
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-26-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
Pee double-ups? I don't know who'd waste their time doing that... I prefer driving them, when I'm in my truck! However, I do have to pee now.

-Blake
Old    alanp            05-26-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
you might be addicted to wakeboarding if... joe umali has come up in conversation with others you ride with
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-27-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
If your gtas light is on in your truck and your boat is full for the extra ballast.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-27-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
"...if you can remember each time this thread gets posted over the past 5 years. ;) Oh, and the "what are y'all listening to?" threads."

Don't forget about the "what kind of board is best for ME" threads.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-27-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
When you sit at work all day, looking at the webcams down at the lake every 15 mins to check how flat it is...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
alan, bahahahahahaha! that's the best one yet!
Old    rondeaurelent            05-27-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
You know your addicted to wakeboarding when your walking down any flight of stairs and on the last few steps jump and pull an air grab!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-27-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
when you watch/struggle through skiing and ski jumping for a few hrs just to watch wakeboarding live through a tiny ass windows media player!

as the above is said but add that when you should have been doing work around the house that NEEDS to get done, oh well.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
hey jerry, in your profile pic, are you riding in a hurricane or big storm? because thats what it looks like!
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-27-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding if your jokes go like "Your moms so good for ballast that..."
You might be addicted to wakeboading if when you turn sixteen you ask for a boat instead of a car...
Old     (ducttape)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2006, 2:33 AM Reply   
You wake up at 2:30 in the morning to get the baby a bottle and have to check for new posts (and weather conditions) before going to bed!
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-28-2006, 4:23 AM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding if it six o'clock in the morning, and you are not hung over on Memorial day weekend. The reason you are not hung over, is because you didn't drink the night before. And the reason you didn't drink is cause you were getting up at 5:30 to drive 45 minutes to your buddies lake to wakeboard first thing in the morning, and you check out wakeworld before you go.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-28-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
you might be addicted to wakeboarding if you spend 3 days straight with less then 5 hrs of sleep a night trying to fix your boat, only to find out when you get it running that you have to wait a week for the new exhaust manifolds to come in.
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-28-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
theres a chance youre addicted when you get bored at home and just sit in the boat and actually have a fun time....sadly my friends have pulled up to my house to see me in the boat listening to music
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-28-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
the only thing i think about in school and everywhere i go.
Old    rondeaurelent            05-28-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
When you get a new board shipped to your house and after opening it, you spend the next 4 hours with your buddies sitting and staring at it with a few beers in hand!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-28-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
you get a new board in the middle of winter and take it in your hot tub and try it on. Yup there I was sittingin my hot tub with my feet in my bindings board floating on the surface...all was well with the world
Old     (killjoy951)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
when you complain about paying rent, but are more than happy to drop 7 bills for a new setup
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-28-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
When you go from 48+ hours a week @ work down to 35- hours a week and you assure your boss that you will make up for it during winter.

Also, you move 500 miles away from all your family and friends so you can live by the lake on which you first tried and fell in love with wakeboarding.
Old    awsnow            05-28-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
"Also, you move 500 miles away from all your family and friends so you can live by the lake on which you first tried and fell in love with wakeboarding." I second that!

Your first airplane ride is to go to wakeboard camp.

You tell the neurosurgeon to "just fix it" so you can ride next season.

You get offended by people who ask you to take them fishing.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-28-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
if you drive 300 miles to buy a wakeboarding boat without your wifes permission and only put your name on the title!
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-29-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
Jo, I have three buddies that have done that. You know your wife is addicted if she is fine with that.
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-29-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding if you put fat sacs and a tower on a bayliner, then get up early on memorial day to ride before the sea doos and tubers get on the local lake.
Old    rondeaurelent            05-29-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
When your a sailing instructor and your teaching students in the club´s crash boat on regular teaching hours. You tell the kids your going around the corner of the lake out of their view to check something. You get a quick set in on the 30 horse outboard dingy engine and return in no time.

You also ruin 2 outboard motors in the process and when the boss ask´s you what happened, you blame it on the weeds.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-29-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
You might be addicted to wakeboarding if you've posted on this same thread every year for 6 years!
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
You might be addicted if you leave your house in the morning with your wakeboard in your hands and the neighbour stareing at you asks "is the snow enough for snowboarding!?" (true story... it was snowing)

You might be addicted if every time you are at work and it is sunny with no wind you grab the phone, call your friends and say "Dude, we miss the perfect day!" (true story... again)

You might be addicted if you have just met a beautiful girl and you set your first date "tomorrow at the cableway... it will be fun, you'll love it, you'll see!!!"... (true again... oh-oh... am I addicted?)
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2006, 6:32 AM Reply   
Just one more...

You might be addicted if all your friends know when you are NOT wakeboarding, so they can call you for a party or just few beers...
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-30-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
...if the last three school breaks you had were spent at a wakeboard camp, and you had to starve the rest of the semester to pay for it.

...if you frantically look for people who wakeboard around your area, even before you move there. WW, Wakeboarder, Friendster, Myspace, you name it.

...if you can't help daydreaming and smiling everytime you think about that board hanging on your wall (it's December) and people ask you "Ok, who is he?"
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-30-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
you know you're addicted when you use wakeboard stickers to stick a picture of your future boat to the ceiling of your car so that everytime you recline you can dream about it.

when you're bussing tables at work and passing plates behind your back to work on handle passes

when you drive 45 min out of your way to go to work just to look at a calm glassy body of water jus to fantasize about wakeboarding.

when you fall asleep with you're bindings on, while they are still attached to the board... don't ask

when everyone you meet in the spring/fall you ask if they have a dirtbike or 4 weeler just to pull you through some puddles cause you're jonesing that bad...

when you invite people you CAN NOT STAND out on your boat just cause you're desperate for a third..

when you are fresh out of an acl reconstruction, and you're trying to figure out how to wakeboard with one leg so you don't miss out on the season (never did figure out a way)

hmmm... I think I'm addicted.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-30-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
You might be adicted to wakeboarding when you drive a wakeboarding boat (not trailer) from miami to the keys so you can ride while on vacation.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-30-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
When you walk the dog you work on your handle passing!