Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old    usfhookup            11-08-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
I have heard rumors that Nick Davies landed an air double roll to revert.... any truth to this, and if so, VIDEO!!!!!??????!!!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-08-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
if anyone could it would be him, would love to see footage
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-08-2009, 10:41 PM Reply   
not the first one... a few of people already land the double backroll at the cable. but its not a good looking trick cause the second roll is a little bit out of control, but maybe nick can add some style!?

wants to see the vid as well.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       11-08-2009, 11:32 PM Reply   
its only been done on a shortened line tho....
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-08-2009, 11:38 PM Reply   
i know minimum one person how did it already at normal line. but as already mentioned, not a good looking trick...its hard to keep the axis at the second spin and it looks then more like a sbend and tumbled on the back...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2009, 4:24 AM Reply   
i wouldn't see him not being able to do that trick that's for sure, but it is not all that different than a double hinterberger to fakie.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       11-09-2009, 4:50 AM Reply   
ummm yess it is. a hinterberger to fakie is pretty much a roll to rivert but layed out like a raley.
and a double half cab roll is a 2 flips!
idk how thats similar...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2009, 5:17 AM Reply   
double hinterberger to fakie norb is like a double half cab roll, not a single. i think you confused what i wrote. if you just dip your shoulder a little bit instead of laying out you are inverted instead of in a raley position. It's like when people think they are doing s-bends when they are really doing fronts. Although two completely different tricks, they are still pretty similar, you know?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
I can do fress bends all day long.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2009, 5:54 AM Reply   
Is this real The “Hinterberger”? I am just surprised there is a laid out back roll (revert) motion getting a name? I remember the controversy with the front flip laid out is an s-bend. Very hard to distinguish execute and judge.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
Yeah...it's real and has been around for a while, but I think it's a cable trick. I've never seen anyone do it behind a boat
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Jim, a hinterberger done correctly is completely laid out and does look exactly like a reverse sbend. A double makes it look even more legit because the first rotation is pretty much a laid out roll to revert and then you keep spinning.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       11-09-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
either do a front or an sbend. people try sbends and they cant even do fronts or sbends. I used to have the same problem on the cable for a while but all it takes is rewriting ur muscle memory and tellin urself that u have to go up in a raley first then lock ur head between ur arms and turn ur hip and head etc. then u can do s to blinds later etc.
but if u have a fresbend... well u dont really have either of the tricks.
and ive been competing all around the world in the past 6 years and from what Ive experienced judges dont like them either... cuz for instance u wanna go a frontflip tail grab in ur run or a front to blind. and then u do a fresbend and if the fresbends the only thing u can do the judges will think u did the same trick. seen it happen sooo many times.

but yeah if ur saying a double hinterberger then yeah its closer to the double roll but I mean on the double half cab roll that weve seen rob mapp and parks do they let go of the rope in the second rotation and when diego shaw or any other cable rider who can do double hinterbergers does em they mostly hold on with both hands.

+1 to kyles post, hes right.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
interesting :-)
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-09-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
Of course Hinterberger is a real trick, its just very rare to see them done correctly behind a boat. Ive only ever seen one guy do them behind boat and it was indistinguishable from an sbend, fully laid out all the way, finishing in the raley position then landing. Most people didnt even realise it was a hinterberger, they assumed it was an sbend.

Now as far as i know I havent heard of anyone landing a true double roll on the cable on a normal line. Heres an old video of lidberg attempting a double roll to revert http://cablewakeboard.com/video/details/classic-cablestock-footage/

and one of Timmers landing a double roll on a short line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge8bE_sbGwM&feature=related
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       11-10-2009, 5:24 AM Reply   
okay now im trying to find diegos double hinterbergers on a REGULAR line cuz he goes sooo big on everythin. I went to highschool with this kid and hes an animal when hes out on the water:
check out this huge kgb and 90210 for instance

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/video/video.php?v=1067087592789
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-10-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
^ Holy crap. What an edge...
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       11-10-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
heres the footage of him doin more sick stuff. hes a pretty unrecognized rider but I dont now many people who shred like him on the cable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4awpD2NutT0

heres the double hinterberger footie and more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4awpD2NutT0
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-10-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yeah...I've seen Diego ride a few times when he came to TSR. He goes huge. He reminds me of Mapp
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-10-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
Like norbi said, Diego goes bigger than anyone I know. I have no idea how his knees can handle it.
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-10-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Holy shiiiat! DID you see how big he went? Holy effin
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       11-10-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
he tells me his back hurts sometimes. and I tell him dude no goin human hights and maybe ur back will like that more 2 lol
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-10-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
damn that was sick, that kgb and the double hinter were amazing, did he ever try a triple sbend?
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2009, 2:52 AM Reply   
Time for double roll 2 revert ;-) ..

Nice

(Message edited by Laptom on November 11, 2009)