Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (wakeskier)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-21-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
So I just received a new pair of '05 Transits today that I had ordered.
First time I try them on, tighten the laces and flex forward, the top eylet rips off...
(rivets popped right out)

This ever happen to anybody else?
Not sure if I should try warranty, or return them... I like the bindings, but if they're gonna break like that maybe I should go with another brand?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
I have a pair of 04's w/ with a bunch of hours , and a pair of 05's with a good amount of time, and no problems at all. Get a replacement. They are great bindings!
Old    wakeboarder408            07-21-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
Got my Transits Limited Ed yesterday and rode on them today and they feel great. The only concern with mine is that my right binding seems to crushed the right part of my foot and small toe causing them to feel numb after like 10 minutes of riding. I know they are brand new and might need some breaking in but i wondered if its a defect cause if you look at the opening where your toes go through, the right binding has a waaayy smaller opening. Im thinking about exchanging them for a different pair.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
I've got lik 40 rides on mine and they're stylin'. No problems. I've never had any problems with my LF bindings, or boards.
Old    micjam            07-22-2005, 5:59 AM Reply   
I had probably 20 -40 rides on mine felt wonderful but the boot riped off the base plate. Liquid Force said they would replace them but I have not gotten anything in a month I would go with different bindings.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
I love my Transits. I used to have the numb toe problem with my HL Highbacks. I just adjusted my duck a little. Just my 2 cents. But the Transits have like 50 rides on them and I am in love with them.

(Message edited by wakebrdrnc on July 22, 2005)
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       07-22-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
Has anyone noticed that everytime there is a problem with bindings on here it is transits, come on LF lets try to make something that lasts. I come on here and read all of the problems people are havin. I had two pairs that ripped up from the plate after like a week. The shop where I got them said, LF told them that no one other then me was havin problems with transits. hummmmm someone is not tellin the truth.
Old    trilandun            07-22-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
Has anyone ever heard of any problems with the LF Alpha binding?
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
BigPapa did you have 04's or 05's?
Old    wickedwake            07-22-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
I have been riding the Transits for 10 months now and no problems what so ever. They are the best biding ever made IMO.
Old     (mattprt)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
hmmm... Glad I ordered some Teams anybody have any reveiws on them? Everybody who has had problems with Transits, are they the base or LE's? Mark what size did you get and what size shoe do you wear?
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       07-22-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
Shane-05's But I am rockin the sphynx now, I hope they last longer. Its been a week, so we are already doin better. knock on wood.
Mattew-mine where not LE's. The teams are sick! I have a big foot and had a hell of a time gettin in them. our they LE?
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Yep on Alphas.My 05's outer wrap started to rip a little around the seams and I got those replaced.Over the 4th I ripped the inner liner completey on my left boot.Waiting for the replacement liner now.
Old     (wakeskier)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-22-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Mine were the regular '05 Transits.
I'm gonna just send 'em back for a refund.
I need bindings now, since I'm on vacation on a lake for a week starting tomorrow.
I was going to replace my O'brien Xenon bindings with them because the medium Transits are smaller and fit my foot better (although it did feel like my little toe would get numb)
Oh well, I like the Xenon's footbed better anyway, I just wish they were lighter...
Old    wakeboarder408            07-22-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
I just took mine back today and they gave me a brand new pair, no questions asked.