Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (halifaxwakerider)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-10-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
I just got this wake movie a week ago and have already watched it 3 times!! Such amazing footage and high definition picture, I would definitely recommend it to any wakeboarding enthusiasts out there!

Does anyone know of any other full length wakeboarding movies like this one??

Thanks!
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-10-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Lipsmack is another good one. There are some shorter ones like Republication and This Time Around.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-10-2013, 2:45 PM Reply   
Penny, Slick City, Out of the Pond and Lipsmack are all on itunes and are good grabs. Not full movies but there's also Ronix's free podcast on itunes that they update regularly with videos that aren't always on youtube.

If that doesn't satisfy you you could leave the itunes store and check out Noisia Vision and In-Transit.
And if you're like me and just cannot stop watching any/everything wakeboarding that was ever recorded you could check out my ThrillOn's wakeboarding playlist. I tag all my favorite/what wake videos I think are best.

http://www.thrillon.com/vinny.arment...s/wakeboarding
Old     (halifaxwakerider)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-11-2013, 4:31 AM Reply   
Awesome Ill check those out for sure. Thanks!
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-13-2013, 9:11 PM Reply   
I own most wakeboarding movies and DEFY is by far my favorite overall. I got it signed at the Dallas PWT in 2012 by Murray and Rusty. Meant to have Parks sign it too but forgot, but he didn't sign some other stuff.

Global Warning is a good one as well, and the intro alone is worth the price of the movie.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-14-2013, 4:02 AM Reply   
How was in transit vs say lip smack?
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-14-2013, 6:13 AM Reply   
Lip smack is different in the sense that it was a team film, In Transit is kind of like out of the pond or older wake movies where each rider has their own part. The Soundtrack is awesome and for me that can almost make/break a film lol
Anyways the parts are Chris O'Shea, Danny/Chad/Watson, Mitch Langfield, Brad Smeele/Chris O'Shea/Gabe Lucas/Chris Abaide on a winch trip in texas, Brad Smeele, Randall Harris/ricky G/Melissa Marquadat, Brenton Preistly, Dean Smith and then last but not least Harley.

The editing is cool in the sense that a lot of the riding is timed with hits in the music and I really liked that haha like when chris oshea bonks on a rail and it's timed with a tamborine hit or when dean smith lands hard and it's timed with a bass hit. etc.
I hadn't seen much of Chris Oshea, mitch langfield, or brenton preistly before this movie so their parts are the ones that stood out the most, because their level of riding is incredible. The song in Dean's part is my favorite though, it's Ephemeral Artery by Neon Indian. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqHagzDRLic
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-14-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
Slick City is an awesome vid.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-14-2013, 11:26 AM Reply   
Hyperlite rewritten - opening is so awesome. Watch it in surround sound and turn it up - bad ass.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
You could have bought my DEFY. Pre-ordered it, watched it once and wasn't impressed, I'm not really into helicopters... but don't need to get into that argument of saving the long length videos. Lipsmack, Slick City, Out of the Pond and Box of Fun are well worth it.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-15-2013, 2:31 PM Reply   
Transgression.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-16-2013, 5:16 PM Reply   
If you enjoy wakeskating; Noisia vision and Integrity's team film "Ride among us". Both are legit.

from For The Gator Productions on Vimeo.