Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-21-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Hey NorCal riders,

I just spoke to Jim at Sky High Sports in Rancho Cordova and he is down for riders to come in use their tramps. They have an awesome setup and he will work with us on rates and times. For now, just call him and let him know you are interested and ask him when a good time to come down and train is. Depending on how much interest he gets he may try to set up certain days and times to be open for rider training.

They have these long rectangular tramps where you could do a couple lateral bounces and then throw the trick to simulate the left to right motion.. sweet! I am heading down there later this week to give it try... I want to try a few inverts and spins before taking them to the wake.

Call Jim at Sky High Sports if you are intersted 916-853-5867

BTW, I am in no way associated with these guys, I'm just stoked to have access to a safe tramp training facility!!!

-Uj
Old     (dirtydelta)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-21-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Have you been there before? Are you trying to set a special time were you will set up a handle or something?
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-21-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
I stopped by for the first time today. I have been looking for a place and decided to stop in. The Sy Zone in Rocklin near where I live won't work with indiviuals to go in for an hour or so but this location will. Eventually this guy said he will set aside special times for us to go in but for now he seemed cool with people just stopping in and training as long as it isn't Friday afternoons or weekends when the tramps are in full use. For me, 4:30 to 6 works and he siad that time is open. I am gonna give it try later this week.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-21-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
UJ it's always good to find safe tramps ! We all know I've had a few bad ones a time or twelve, Someday my wife will let me go back to a Spring ride.....LOL

But let me know how the tramp works out I might be interested, We all know I need help !
Old     (dirtydelta)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-21-2010, 11:00 PM Reply   
Ya ive been there a bunch. Im a little confused on what your saying because anyone can go there at any time and train/ jump around. I guess what i dont understand what "train" entails. Because what your saying just seem like what people normally go in there and do.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-22-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Nick,

From what I understood, it didn't sound like you could just show up anytime and flip and spin with a rope and handle tied to the wall. He was saying that weekdays are slow and from 3-6 ia a time where he knew there would be space available. By "train" I just mean do what we need to do (ie. flip and spin with the rope and handle). It also sounded like if he got some interest he would block out certain days and times so the one big tramp area could all for wakeboarders. That tramp can easily hold 3 to 4 people flipping and spinning with a their own rope tied to the wall.

-Uj
Old     (dirtydelta)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-22-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
Ok gotcha, didn't realize that he was going to let you set up a handle. Sounds like a sweet deal, be cool if you can set one into the foam pit.

Last edited by dirtydelta; 09-22-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (dirtydelta)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-22-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Ok gotcha, dint realize they were going to let you set up a handle. sounds sweet, it would be cool to set it up into the foam pit.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-22-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
fun times
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       09-22-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Sky high has a great tramp set up, used to go there in High School a lot with friends. A handle setup would be sick, too bad I live so far away now.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-29-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
I would definitely be down! I've been there once before and asked if we could tie a handle up and they said no way. Would be cool if this actually pans out. I'll keep my eye on this thread. Thanks for the info!
Old     (AirFanatic)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-13-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Thought you may be interested in a new tramp design for wake sports. It's got the safety cage around it but it's open in the front so the rope can move freely. Check out www.AirFanatic.com to see it in detail. I hope this helps.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-02-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
I checked out SkyHigh recently...and I was not too impressed with the tramps. I know I am spoiled...because I have trained at a gymnastics club a few times on some Olympic class competition tramps (EuroTramps....which rule) ...but those things at SkyHigh are...well I will be polite....they are not so good....better than nothing I guess...but not worth the 1:15 drive for me....
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       11-03-2010, 4:34 AM Reply   
ill buy one for the back yard