Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Im pretty much decided im gonna get a 2010 recoil or response (anyone know which is best behind the boat as i dont cable)

Having seen the threads on poor warranty service with slingshot im thinking of going with another brand for the bindings. I was originally thinking of 09 ronix ones any other suggestions that work well?
Old    benj_t            03-23-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
Definetly check out the Liquid Force bindings, they would look awesome on your board. Ive been riding my Watsons for a couple months and theyre holding up great!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-23-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Boards behind the boat: Depends on what you want in a board. For me, the Response gets it done, behind the boat and on cable. It's like a Swiss Army knife. It's fast, consistent, presses like nobody's business and pops hard. The recoil just seemed a little unpredictable and sluggish.

Bindings:I have the 2010 LF CT Vantages on mine, which is a sweet setup. Seemed to work really well on my 2010 SS Response when I had my 09 LF CT Vantage LTDs. I did try on some of the new Ronix bindings last month and all of them are pretty nice, but once you ride Velcro, you'll never go back.
Attached Images

Last edited by jmuthafnp; 03-23-2010 at 4:52 PM. Reason: More info.
Old    jonklein            03-23-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
Boat- Recoil if you have a smaller wake you ride behind. If you have a monster waker get the "sickest board ever" the Response. I have them both and they are so dope behind the boat!

Reflex is super awesome to behind the boat. its a mix of both boards...

grab some 09 PB's for that Response. White on White is a good looking stick!!
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-29-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
I'm riding a 2010 Recoil with 2010 LF LTD Shanes. Not a fan of Slingshot bindings.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-29-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
I think you are pretty safe with whatever binding you choose. You might want to lean towards bindings that have adopted the 6" baseplate (as opposed to the 7" that some people were running last year, if I remember correctly), just because the smaller the plate, the more the board can flex, which is really the purpose of a flex board. Other than that, pretty much everyone is making sweet bindings now, and the only ones that seem to be having catastrauphic failures are Slingshot, which wont be an issue for you. Post up pics of what you decide on and enjoy the new setup!
Old     (mattschrier)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
I ride a SS Response with 09 pb floyds it is the ticket I rode 08 shanes on it and it doesnt flex as much as it should cause of the plate! pb floyds are the way to go if you like a flexiable boot or a tighter boot you should get the d3
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-02-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
@matt, is the difference really that noticeable ? would like to have some LTD LF ones, but i am not sure which exactly ...are the soven boots really that soft? and whats the difference between the shane ltd and watson ltd boots?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
Off all the boots i've used the only thing that holds a candle to slingshot is Liquid Force (shane and vantage)
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-02-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Just trying to sort out the shipping with the UK distributer. Gonna go with d2's and see how i get on with them, Still cant decide on a board!! Ive never riden a 3 stage before. Both boards have great reviews!
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       04-02-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
I rode LF vantages all last year on a SS recoil. No problems. I have a SS response this year with PB Floyds. Can't go wrong with either board choice IMO