Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    donblackie            06-09-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
I have the PP wakeboard pro in my X star and the other day it was acting up. Let's say I would set the PP cruise speed to 21.5 mph. Whenever I would start going, the PP would actually beep once it hit 21.5 mph but it would not regulate the speed. The speed just kept going up until I manually slowed it down. Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas?
Old    deltahoosier            06-09-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
When you use perfect pass, you give it more throttle than you need to get out of the hole. Then as the boat gets on plain, you have to back the throttle off or you will over shoot by 5 plus miles an hour. PP will come back. When you hear the beep, back off the throttle by a 1/4 inch or so. Just do not pull back too much or you will not actually have enough throttle for PP to work. So, it sounds perfectly normal as long as PP will hold speed once you back off the throttle.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-09-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91

Check it out.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-09-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
The black knob on top of the servo motor might be loose if it is it can not regulate the speed, it happened to me PP would beep when it hit set speed but would not regulate speed
Old    palves            06-11-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
I had the same problem recently and found out that the servo motor was siezed. I purchased a new one directly from Perfect Pass, but in the process of changing it out, I decided to try to free it up, so I cranked on the shaft of the servo with a crecent wrench and it broke free. I re-installed it and it worked fine. I would suggest logging into their website: www.perfectpass.com and following their troubleshooting proceedure to determine whether you have the same problem.
Old    ag4ever            06-11-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
I had my servo freeze up on me too. I took it to the dealer, and they just replaced no questions asked.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-13-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
I've had a similar expirience, if what they said doesn't work you might want to add an extra spring to the throttle cable. Perfect pass is set up to only accelerate the boat. When I first installed mine it would set but then creep up on me. I put in a spring and now its great. Also make sure that the line has a smooth curve to it. The only other thing is the adjustment on the connection. Make sure its tight.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-13-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
To clarify what I just wrote, perfect pass will pull the throttle open, or accelerate, but it relies on the springs in the carbuerator to slow it down. Hope this helps.