Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2005, 6:15 AM Reply   
anyone tried the fish on cable parks? how was it? thanx
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-26-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
That water's not that clean, I'm not sure I'd eat the fish out of it.
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-26-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Oh, I'm sorry I don't think I read it right the first time.

No I don't think you can fish on the cable parks. Those ponds are man made and I doubt they are well stocked with fish. Plus if you actually tried to fish from the cable, there is no way a fish could keep up with your lure.
Old    jmo52            02-26-2005, 9:24 PM Reply   
Old    michaelvinczii            02-26-2005, 10:10 PM Reply   
I hope he isn't serious....ride the fish, not actually fish!
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
ya man...LF fish in case JB isn't actually joking.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2005, 11:23 PM Reply   
wow, you guys are quick.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2005, 5:08 AM Reply   
To actually answer the question. Yes I've tried it on the cable. And pretty much everyone else who tried it that day said the same thing "I bet its good behind the boat".
It simply isn't designed for the cable, not that any board is, but it especially isn't right for the cable.
Old    norcalbrdrydr            02-28-2005, 1:20 AM Reply   
I go to San Diego State. Fortunately, we have the oportunity to ride behind 05' 210 Super Air Nautiques. Yes, they are nice. Also, we have alot of the new boards that came out in 05'. And yes, I have had the pleasure of riding the fish. It'ss a really good board, but its really different. It's a LOT of fun. It's super poppy (I have an 03' Parks) and it had plenty of pop. Its rather odd cause it's short and fat. I rode the 129. Its also real slippery, but its fun. I liked it. It's a good board. I dont know if I would want to ride it all of the time, because the landings seem to be a bit harsher. May be the salt water... but who knows... **I hope it stops monsooning here in San Diego so that I can board again... I haven't been in 3 weeks ...
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-28-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Now you guys are just talking crazy, how exactly are you going to ride a fish. I mean there are some big fish in Florida, but even an alligator gar isn't rideable. I surely hope they wouldn't have any of those in a cable park anyway.
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-28-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
3 weeks Alex? how do you do it? Gimme a break :-p. I live in CANADA. Toronto area to be exact...nothing out here except ice! Count your blessings
Old    michaelvinczii            03-04-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
JB, bro you gotta be $h*ttIn' me. You are the only one talking crazy. Going to demo the Fish 125 this weekend hopefully. Used to ride a mini-squirt and loved it, so I should like the Fish alot. Wouldnt think it would be a good slider board though, and def. not on the cable. Something more like the roam if your on the cable. Later Fellas!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-05-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
I would think the fish would suck on the cable. I would think you would need more tail surface area on the board for the cable in order to get the tension you need.