Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-01-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Didn't know if I could find the right person to help me out here, but we ran into what a lot of people were afraid of. The pay it forward board is stuck with this guy BJ here in Florida.
His name is BJ Wright and he lives at:
2826 Brookline Ave
New Smyra Beach, FL 32168
His phone number is 359-795-5231.
Yup, I posted his nubmer, but the number doesn't work. Does anyone know this guy?
I'm hoping that he is okay and he for some good reason has the board still. Is anyone in his area that they could do a drive by or something to find out what is up?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks from:
Shaun and all the other people waiting to ride the board.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-01-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
whoa!! getting called out in public by shaun himself. he definitely deserves it if he is trying to jack your board. hopefully that is not the case. i participated last year shaun. thanks so much.
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       09-02-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
I got the pay it forward board last year, I felt guilty for having for 4 days because when I got it I could only mail it out on the 4th day. Someone needs to get this looser! Good luck Shawn and thanks again for letting me use your board.

Here is the loosers Myspace: www.myspace.com/3951294

Look up his business BJ's Fish Camp. It looks like he has had it for sometime. I could not find the number but there is another place called PJ's fish came, Their competeing businesses, I bet you he would love to give you that number. Good luck....
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-02-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
He has already deleted his myspace account. How long has he had the board?
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-02-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
Paul, for Shaun to take what I consider a pretty extreme measure, I presume this guy must have had it for a long time.

I was/am in line. Never got the board.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
I love it street justice. We need Tony Soprano to go get the thing. I have owned my own business for years and you would be shocked how many people are like this and would steal from you and look you in the eyes and your childrens eyes and not even think twice about it!!! BJ wonder what that stands for!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
This is a big downer, but what are the chances that this guy has nothing to do with it, and someone used his name and some other info to get the board. Now this guy is being drug through the mud and going to be harassed by a group of wakeworld vigilantes when he may not have an idea of what is up. Whoever did this needs to be punished, but you also need to realize what some people will now send his gf. Send the cops to that address (or where it was shipped to) to retrieve a stolen good maybe?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Gotta think that if Shaun took these measures its the guy. Would be easy for this guy to call Shaun or the school and say hey man I sent it out on this date here is the tracking number. I am pretty sure its this guy.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-02-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Yea I talked to the guy this morning. He says he never received the board and has had spotty communication from HL about getting a tracking number etc. While I have no way of verifying his story, I sent Shaun his working number and BJ said he was going to call HL to try to straigten it out. So atleast Shaun has his number and maybe they can figure it out.

C
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-02-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
A-dub, you sound very contradictory to yourself.

Point 1 you make: maybe it's not him - now WakeWorld is after the guy (because Shaun Murray is wondering where the board he kindly loaned out in a cool program is).

Point 2 you make: send the cops in.

Not sure which direction you're leaning there.

I do think we need to leave the vigilantism to Shaun and whoever on here reads, lurks and can find the root of the problem. Somehow I doubt that the *conversation* in this thread will resolve the issue. It's the *advertisement* and eyes on the thread that will catch it. I bet this gets resolved behind the scenes by someone that doesn't even make a single post in here. Maybe later we'll get a confirmation from Shaun saying "Got it. All set guys."

It does stink though. One person messing up a high-profile marketing project. That's what you get sometimes when opening things up to the general public on an honor system scenario.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
there are a few posts no longer here that my post was referring to. I was not referring to Shaun's. hope it gets taken care of.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-02-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
Yea i asked Dave to delete some of my posts after i spoke with BJ and sent Shaun is working number. Hopefully he'll let us know how it turns out.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-02-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
I tried the number and it doesn't work. I'm not trying to get people on here to show up at his door step with pitchforks and torches. Just wondering if someone either knows him or is in his area so they could politely stop by and ask if he has the board. I don't know how else to go about it. Just looking for help/ideas, not backup in a street fight. ha. But you guys would totally have my back right?!
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Oh man we should have put a homing device on the board. We could then bust in with video cameras and catch people who are trying to steal the board. Maybe even make a reality show out of it?

Yeah Shaun, I got your back
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-02-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
You guys need to chill out. Maybe something happened. Give this cat the benefit of the doubt.
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
why does he have the board? did he steal it?
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
I hope you could sense my sarcasm
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-02-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Like i said... The guy said that he never received it, so hopefully Hyperlite has a tracking number to either confirm or deny this....
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-02-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Actually, a homing device would be totally awesome... not only for security purposes, but to get a sweet visualization of its route.

My question is if BJ never received the board, as he was supposed to, why wasn't this issue raised sooner with HL? How long has it been absent/hung up? Seems sketchy
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
haha well im dumb... i dont understand..
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
what is the "pay it forward" board haha
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
Here ya go Ric: http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=79607
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-02-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Oh and I'd have your back for the record, Shaun.
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
haha thanks robert I am no longer in the dark
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Did some one say something about a street fight with Shaun? I am in! Shaun, I am gonna kick the living.... Oh wait, Am I fighting Shaun or someone else? Either way I am in! Haha

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
BTW, To who ever has the board. If you are looking for any information from Hyperlite please call 800-938-4646 and ask for me. I am more than happy to help you track this board down, but I am not sure how much help I will be since the only person with the tracking number will be the person who sent it to you. Please let me know how I can help. Thanks.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-02-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
who had the board before BJ was supposed to have received it? was this moving from person to person? I am assuming it did not ship back to shaun after each use.
the person who shipped it last would have the tracking number.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-02-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Corey at Hyperlite is my boy and since he is involved with this, we have a much better chance at getting this thing back on track. No pressure Corey:-)
That's weird seeing "my boy" in text. He's a real stand up guy and a good friend of mine. That's better.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-02-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
I am givin 3 to 1 Corey can take Shaun
Old     (deepsouthryda)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-02-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
First of all, thanks to whoever stole the board because this is the kind of $#!* that makes people quit cool programs like Shaun had going and everyone misses out on the fun because one guy sucks. He is now leading the pack in the Pro Douche Tour and will be #1 seed next season. But anyway, Shaun, the dude is only like two hours from you. Pack up the car and some beer and go beat on dudes door. Bring an old skurfer and if he gives you any crap, you can kindly beat him with it. Just my $0.02..
Old     (mexicoblue)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-02-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
I'm behind Shaun Murray every step of the way. WAY behind him . . .
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Does anyone know who the last person was to have this board before BJ? If I can find out who had it last before him I can find out if it made it to him for sure. This will help avoid having to say sorry to his parents that he was accidently hunted down by rabid wakeboarders and beaten and the whole time the FedEx guy left it on the back porch instead of the front porch. Thanks for your help guys.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
coreym@hosports.com
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-03-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Wow, that sucks. I hope you guys find the board.

We recently had the 145 here in Pittsburgh, and it was a ton of fun to ride. Thanks Shawn & Corey!

http://www.wakeboardpittsburgh.com/murray-pay-it-forward-program/

Upload
Old     (skinny99)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-03-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Try dialing the number as 386-795-5231! That is the local prefix!
Old     (skinny99)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-03-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
Or try this number 386-427-5747! Business number!
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-03-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
In case anyone is interested...

Text description
Old     (jellydonutcwu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
Dont worry Corey I got your back and I am way bigger than Shaun. C-WOOOOO
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-03-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Wow, I'm not gonna go kicking the guys door down or anything. But if he's got something going on and just can't get it shipped out I live about 15 minutes away from there. I could stop by and pick it up and get it shipped out or just drop it off to Shaun. PM me if needed, I'm not on here that much.
Old     (jpods22)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-05-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
hey murray ...you mind commenting on the video game discussion......just down a little bit below this post. thanks.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-08-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
So what are the updates on this thread?
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-08-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
I am having a issue in Meridan Idaho that might benefit from a personal visit, no response to my emails and phone calls although I have talked to the persons mother twice. Does Shaun have anyone in Meridan Idaho who could help me get another board moving on? If so please PM me...
Old     (el_rey_de_zapatos)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
Hey Murdog, is it true you are taking up wakeskiing? I hear Travis is and has turned into quite the sissy. I think you could beat him up in a mano-a-mano battle to the death!
Old     (sandm)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-09-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
don't know how to pm, but if you need some help, lmk. I live in meridian and would be happy to pay a visit to someone to see what the holdup is..

scott
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-09-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
Thanks you for the offer Scott. I sent you a email and a PM...
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-15-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Scott is the man. He got the board moving again, thanks again...
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-15-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
So what was the problem??
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
what happened? was the kid trying to keep it? did he get a beat down..lol. Give details.
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-15-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
I think it was just laziness/procrastination. Person would not answer the phone, return my voicemails, or answer my emails. Talked with her mother twice and she said she would send it off right away which didn't happen and then the second time I talked with her she said the board wasn't on the porch and thought it had been sent out. Waited for a week and board never made it to next person and my phone calls weren't being returned.

Scott went to the house and got the board from her mother. He rode it and then shipped it off and wouldn't let me reimburse him for the shipping costs.

Sucky thing is that this is my most popular board size and we lost all of August and 2 weeks of September.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
next time make the people who want it put down a cc number that way you are protected. If the board moves on in a timely manner you don't get billed. If it stays for too long then you are charged for it.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       09-16-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
There are always going to be a few that ruin something awesome like this. I'd agree with the credit card method, would at least get it paid for when it goes missing.

I had the board 4 days total, had 4 people ride it and one of them bought one the next week. Awesome program, loved the board!
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-23-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
So for us on the East Coast List, where do we stand?

Thanks for getting the board moving again!