Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (Csbball)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-23-2013, 6:22 PM Reply   
hey everyone, just seeing if there are people on here who ride in the San Diego area, im new here to s.california, im from sacramento just looking to ride, have been a boat owner for over 5 years so i can drive if you need me to, i dont have my boat here because i wont be staying long enough.
ill leave my number if anyone here wants a third or just want me to come out with them lol
thanks
chris
916 8354933
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-24-2013, 11:58 AM Reply   
60 looks and not a post, that explains San Diego wakeboarding in so many words. Your best bet would be to head up to the Carlsbad Lagoon, meet people, etc. Most wakeboarding is done in Mission Bay, and our one lake in the county, El Capitan. Everyone else has places along the Colorado River which is 3-4 hours way. Good luck and I am sure you will find some people.

http://www.wakesports.com/

http://www.carlsbadlagoon.com/
Old     (Csbball)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-25-2013, 3:17 PM Reply   
Haha ya I'm figuring out not to many riders in San Diego, thanks for the pointers I appreciate it.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-25-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
Hit up Cory at wakeboardsandiego.com! He has an awesome club Down there and is super fun to ride with!!
Old     (Csbball)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-26-2013, 12:28 PM Reply   
Hey victor, thanks I called them and they put me on the list to ride, I appreciate the info from you guys
Thanks, just can't believe more ppl don't ride, guess there scared of the sharks lol
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-26-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
Haha that always surprised me too when I lived down there, but between Cory and Free Ride Friday at the Lagoon, you can usually get out 3 to 4 times a week for pretty cheap!!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-27-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
if all else fails you can always try the Find a Third be a third forum here on Wakeworld.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53686

You also have Canyon Lake, and Elsinore close by and worth the drive for a pull.

Why don't you do this, this way you can meet people. We also have a comp next weekend at Elsinore.

Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club will be hosting a "Learn 2 Ride Day" at the Canyon Lake Backwater on Saturday September 28th 2013.

So please join us for a fun filled day in the sun. This is a great opportunity to come out and be coached by a professional wakeboard / wakeskate instructor or just come out and ride for fun. And be sure to demo new 2013 products thanks to Green House Marine.

All ages and abilities are welcome. The cost is $10.00 each.

Remember, this is open to all skill levels, and even if you don't want any instruction, you can just come on out and RIDE!

We'll also be firing up the BBQ to sizzle up some good cooking and pumping up the music.

The day is devoted to enlightening anyone who wants to learn about wakeboarding, wakeskating and safe boating. Staff members are on hand to provide training for the beginner, intermediate, or advanced rider. The Club provides boats and equipment for the day.

So come on out and get to know fellow riders and club members. It's a great way to spend the day.

If you need access to enter Canyon Lake, please notify us so you can be called in at the gate. We will need your full name as it appears on you drivers license. To enter at the gate you will need to show your drivers license.

Hey everyone, I forgot to mention... wakeboard pro riders Josh Twelker, Jacob Valdez, and Eddie Valdez will be honoring us with their presence at the Learn 2 Ride Day tomorrow. How cool is that.
Old     (Csbball)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-27-2013, 6:20 PM Reply   
awesome my wife and i are going to try to make it, i hope we can, seems like it will be a lot of fun
thanks for the info hate2party, been talking to 2 guys about this already, you might of already text me lol
hopefully see you there
Old     (WakesurfSanDiego)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-23-2013, 2:44 PM Reply   
I have been wakesurfing in San Diego for 4-5 years.
I have a set of 2-3 friends with boats that surf regularly.
I am looking to find additional wakesurfers and wakesurf boats in the San Diego region.
If you are interested in wakesurfing, please give me a call or drop me an email:
Marco Thompson - 619-518-3001 - marco92067@gmail.com
Here is a page about the wakesurf scene here in San Diego -
http://www.surfthirty.com/san-diego-wakesurf-scene.html