Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2007, 10:46 PM Reply   
quick question i got my first boat and know its short only 20'8" Now is my wake wider at the same length of rope than my buddy's boat witch is about 22'? It just seems easer to make the wake to wake in his boat. I just thought that my wake may be a little wider due to length. My wake seems good to me and other riders...just wondering if you could help.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-13-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
Boat width, speed, and hull shape give you width.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-13-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
My bro in law has a V - drive <21' and I have a DDrive 22' and my wake is wider than his. Just the exact opposite of what you are experience. I think DD typically have a wider wake. I think the way you should be looking at this is, Yeah clearing your budddys wake may be easier, but if you can clear yours, NOW that is doing something!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
I wish my wake was wider. Think of it as a benefit to yourself and your body once you get your technique down.
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
ya good call if i get it dialed then its on. I just got my fat sacs with a auto ballast system install and we just about got it money. But I did have to shorten my rope for now...
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
oh art my buddy's boat is also 8" wider maybe thats the big diff. plus the hull design is different too