Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
I didn't go because I was too tired after riding Saturday morning. But I'm curious. What did everyone think about Boardstock?

Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-30-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
I thought it was good. I think more riders would have been better is my only real complaint.
I was initially skeptical when the venue changed but after spending 6 hours Sat and 5 hours Sun I think it was much better then the previous locale.
So many boats on Sat up close to the comp area had to inspire the riders.
And one other thing. I don't want to start any boat thing here but I have to say the Tow boats (I won't even use the name) seemed to perform extremely well.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
Duane
of course this is your unbiased opinion about the tow boats.lol.it was good to see you out there.keep up the good work........m.

Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-30-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hey Mike, thanks for the pic.
I know some other posts have been made by now where people are still trashing Boardstock...and maybe rightfully so. All I can say is I had a good time and was glad to be there.
If it's planned the same next year will I go? You bet, unless someone plans a better one the same day.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-30-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
i went there and it was pretty cool, Saturday went by boat (got in free) watched the motocross and when it was time for the wakeboarding, they canceled the run! WTF! So we left and went to lost isle! Well i ended up going back sunday by car, just in time for the last wakeboard run!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-30-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Aaron, nice seeing you dood. Who won?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-30-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-30-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
was there any winners? I thought boardstock was more of a freeride, no judges type thing... But the ending trick was Froggy pulling off a whirlydick! Bummed didnt get that on camera
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-30-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
sorry the quality isnt the best...

Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
I thought it was awesome.... if you were on the water. We sat right in the middle floating in our rafts, drinking beers, doing shots and partying with all the great people out there. So many good times Saturday afternoon!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-30-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
Tommer,

Sorry we missed you on Saturday. A couple of buddies and I were on shore all day and had a great time walking around and meeting people. The new location was much better than where it was held the last couple of years.
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
yeah it was pretty fun.
http://ebiz.netopia.com/deezteez3/boardstock1page21/view.nhtml?profile=boardstock1page21&UID=10098

That's me in the yellow tube. our boat was off in the back, we got there late and had to park the houseboat in the back, but no worries, we paddled up with coolers and pitchers of booze. They guys wakeboarding were sick. The double raley was pretty sweet in front of us. All the people we hung out with by their boats were cool.... we ended up staying in the bay that night and putted back towards H and H Sunday morning. Next time man! Next time...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-30-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
double raley??? what the hell is that? WHo did it?
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
Sorry, let me clarify... two guys were riding at the same time, the cut at the same time came off the wake and raley'd at the same time across.. it's pretty cool. But so were the all the ta ta's on the boats too!
Old    d_anderson            08-30-2004, 11:13 PM Reply   
I went the sherrif was a d*** he gave me a tiket for one of my passengers sitting on the side of my boat while the motor was running. I moved the boat very slowly to avoid bumping my friends boat.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-30-2004, 11:24 PM Reply   
he was a dick because he gave you a ticket for breaking the law? something horrible could happen when the boat's in gear, thus the law to not have anyone sitting on the gunnels while the boat's in gear. because you broke that law, he gave you a ticket?

you're right, he's a dick for doin' his job.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
I agree. He's a di**. But that's the way they are in the delta during big events. It's an excuse to look around the inside of your boat for drugs and booze. I'm sure he checked for approved vests while he was at it. They stopped us for that at the 2001 Boardstock. The boat wasn't even in gear anymore. The driver hit neutral and a photographer sat up on the gunnell to snap a shot. We got rolled on!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-31-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
in the delta sheriff likes stopping people for sitting on the side of the boat, and yet i see so many boats doing it...
Old    d_anderson            08-31-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
I understand the safety of the people in the boat, we were sitting still and then we moved very slowly. If I was going to be moving at any speed over mayby a knot I would not let any one sit up on the side of the boat. I feel I should have gotten a warning not a ticket.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-01-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
...in the delta you can have the engine off dead in the water, swimmers in, people standing up as well as sitting on the gunnels and totally get nailed cause technically you're moving (more than 5 miles per hour in some places...but that is a different ticket altogether).

Joe, black and white is great, but in the real world there are shades of gray. I know quite a few cops and many can be di**s...even while doing their "job". Next time you're stopped and you get written up for stickers on your rear window, tire tread being too low, something hanging from your rear view mirror, dirty license plate, no front plate (i think you know what I'm getting at) all because the gas pump wouldn't reach so you moved you car 3 inches forward without your seat belt on. (ya'know something horrible could happen when the car's in gear) You see what I mean?

Sometimes laws can and even SHOULD be broken in the interest of the greater safety (although my seat belt example would have been in the interest of convenience). Most cops understand that and are cool with it. But, sometimes people get power hungry and carried away with doing their jobs. I think it was a jerky thing too. BTW, I'm just glad you're no a cop, Joe.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-01-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
All in our boat had a good time on Sat. More riding would have been the ticket.

Double raley was pretty cool.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
gregg, i understand all that. i've had my share of numerous "no front license plate" as well as "tinted front windows" tickets. i never got any warnings and as far as i knew, i wasn't hurting anyone. but hey, the law's the law.

although, if he thinks he's justified in breaking the law in this case, by all means, fight it. that's what the judicial system is for.

yes, i agree, there are cops out there that are jerks. some are out there and strive to write the most tickets. but, more often than not, if/when a cop is writing a ticket, he's simplly doing his job. in this case, sure, the cop could have given him a warning. but if the sole reason for calling him a jerk is because he wrote him a ticket, that's silly.

like i said, if he thinks his action didn't warrant a ticket, take it to court.

and yeah, i'd be the worst cop ever!
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-01-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Court is always an option...true.

RE: "but hey, the law's the law" Not really...it is ALWAYS a judgment call. Do cops give other cops tickets? nope...well not usually. Most any cop will tell ya, if another cop gives them a ticket that other cop was being a d**k...especially if you suggest that the guy was just doing his job. My point was that officers are empowered to determine what they feel is "proper" in the "interest of justice". Which means they can turn a blind eye to broken laws if they see fit...Or enforce them if they see otherwise. Thus they have every right to be cool...or jerky, pretty much whenever they want. So...he may not have been "simply doing his job". Yes, I did say "may not"...I also know that the Sarg sometimes says "Zero tolerance this weekend, we have to really crack down". But in the end, I feel with a lot of cops it is just a control thing.

If Darrell didn't turn on his motor (to save the ticket) and instead ran to physically keep the boats from bumping ...slipped and got his head between the 2 boats, got knocked out and drowned...we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. lol
I hope you learned something Darrell!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
i guess it's easy for me to say "hey, he broke the law," blah blah blah, cause it didn't happen to me.

my friends and i were motoring thru the 5mph zone at tiki lagoon. my friend was sitting on the side, when outta nowhere, a cop on a jetski pulled us over. yep...ticket! this, after a wakeboard boat went thru faster than 5mph, w/ everyone jumpin' around in the boat w/ drinks in their hands. yep, we were bitter.

i see your point...totally. please don't think i don't.
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-01-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
It shouldn't surprise anyone that a cop was being very strict at a public event noted for having drunken people in boats.