Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-14-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
If you are interested in joining a private lake in Denver, hit me up PM with your name, email, and phone number. If you sent me information previously, please resend it.

I have this narrowed down to two locations just north of Denver. Still working on permits to built a boat house and/or onsite storage but that is coming along. I may lease both lakes.

Each lake is at least 1 mile long and runs north and south. 40+ feet deep. We will have a maximum of 10 members per lake (or 10 total). Costs are between $2500 year and $3000 per year with an initiation fee of the same.

We will have sliders, room for double-ups, and we will host a few events throughout the summer. Lights are in the works but will be later down the road. If you have lights on your boat, you can ride whenever you want.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-14-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
Right on! Go Denver, this summer is looking better. Too bad I dont have a boat. I got gas money though!!!!!!!
Old     (sidewayz)      Join Date: May 2006       12-15-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Steve, My name is jake and I manage Sidewayz in Fort Collins. Are you affiliated with any shops yet as far as putting on events and demoing product? If not get in touch with me and lets talk. I'm always looking for new oppertunities to get our boats and product out there! My number is 970-224-3334 or cell @ 970-231-7441. Look foward to hearing from you.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-16-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
I should add, I've had many questions from those that don't have boats that still want to ride at the lake. We will have this available for a much smaller membership fee. I haven't worked that out yet. We'll have at least 1 new Super Air and a Malibu available as well as a very, very small (break even only) wakeboard school. Hope that answers some of the basic questions I've been getting.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-17-2006, 12:16 AM Reply   
I rode behind a 19 foot bayliner with a 140 out board all summer. give me a jetski that starts on a regular basis and I will pay....
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-17-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Steve, I'd be interested in a private lake. I see Jake up at Sidewayz responded here as well. Good guys to work with especially when it comes to events and wakeboard gear!
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-17-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
steve i sent you a pm. i am very interested let me know whats up. i also know a couple of people who would be interested. where are the lakes at?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-17-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
Oakman, where you been?!? I dropped you a PM as well Steve. Let's get moving on this. Spring will be here before you know it!
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-17-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
dude i have been wooking about 27 days strait, it has pretty much sucked!! ya i'm all over this thing. i just hope we can get it worked out by about feburary, it think that is when my deposit for out lake is due. give me a call this week maybe we can get a beer.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-17-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
I leave town on Friday thru Tuesday for Christmas. But I'll call ya to hook up either before or after. If I don't talk to ya before Christmas: Have a Merry Christmas man!!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-26-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
I think this next summer is going to be cool!
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-02-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Steve, Are there any more details on this? Do you have a web site, etc?
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-02-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
I have received several emails on this but I won't be releasing information until things are buttoned down for sure. I have over 40 applicants (people that are interested) but I expect a 75% attrition when we roll things out and it's time to pay. No public website for now.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-02-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
you know that i will pay up!!!!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-08-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
I'm setting up a first meeting on the 14th (ish) to discuss the lake(s) and give everyone a chance to meet. Hit me up privately for information.
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
When is opening day? I'll buy a plane ticket.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
Steve...when you get that lake up and running how about coming to SoCal and building one here!!!
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-20-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
What's up everyone from Denver....This sounds pretty sweet. Steve where up north are you looking at? Kraig, I have been in the same boat you are....have been working like a dog!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-09-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
A bit of an update for everyone. Things are moving forward but very slowly. It will happen but it won't be on my first few choices of places for various reasons. Of course, it's a money thing. There are several agencies that "want a cut" and can't get along.

I'll keep this post updated when it's locked down. Most likely, it will only be 10 members TOTAL but use won't be limited at all, and we'll be guaranteed a minimum water depth, even in droughts.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-09-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
PICS?????